What's new

Is USPS international shipping still working?

I've had very good luck shipping and receiving items from around the world. I was wondering if anyone knows if international shipping has been delayed or stopped. I just purchased 2 razors from Australia and was wondering what to expect. I'm located in Phoenix, Arizona in the USA

I hade'nt thought about it until I read an ad in the B/S/T section where someone mentioned that he usually ships anywhere but thought that he should limit sales to the CONUS

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I would suggesting checking with the person you bought the razors from. I would assume Australia Post would be who he used. Did you get a tracking number?

Yes, he sent a tracking number. And they might not have accepted the box if mail was not moving

I bought some shaving products from UK about 2 weeks ago. For the past week they have been sitting in a NY distribution facility. I think international shipping has taken a hit.

i rely on lots of international shipping and despite the bigger carriers saying they are operating, i see lots of delays and disruption. Pretty frustrating but nothing to do

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that is not considered essential is being shipped into or out of or within the Philippines.

I don't think the president here is a wet shaver as, unlike most here, he doesn't consider wet shaving products essential items.

I ordered a 108 yard spool of 1/8 in. elastic from e-bay to make masks on my sewing machine, found out it is comming from china. Was supposed to be here on the 6th of april.

The USPS announced yesterday a temporary stoppage on incoming international orders, except medical realated. fed Ex and UPS are still shipping cuffently but will be stopping soon also.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I live in Australia and everything is slow here. I bought a new dog door to replace a damaged one. I live 3 and a half hours drive from Sydney. Last one that I bought was posted on a Monday and received on the Wednesday. This new one was despatched on a Tuesday and received the following Tuesday. If it is this slow inside Australia it could be a lot slower getting across the water. Especially if flights are curtailed, even the freight only flights.

Apparently, the mail is moving normally between China and Canada.

I ordered some shaving stuff from AliExpress on March 28 (Yaqi brushes and a Futur clone) and April 4 (a Mellon razor head). Yesterday, I received notification e-mails from Canada Post informing me that the Futur clone and Mellon head cleared customs and are in transit to my local depot. With any luck, they'll be here in a day or two.

That's much quicker than before. Usually, I have to wait 2-3 weeks for AliExpress packages.

On the other hand, tracking for the Yaqi brushes has shown "Parcel waiting for pickup" for 10 days. I guess their shipper is having trouble?

The general advice everywhere seems to be "expect delays and slow service".
Some countries will be even slower if they are reeling from this
situation....ie. Italy, Spain etc. Using Paypal will be a good idea if you must
purchase.

Im holding back on all BST activity for now. US domestic services should be fine
I guess, but I won't feel at ease shipping any high value, irreplaceable items
right now.

Someone mentioned the Philippines....I can tell you from personal experience:
the Philippines has the most ^%$%ed up postal service on the planet. If you do not
know anyone high up in customs, getting your packages is like playing the lottery.
I had some moderately priced merchandise shipped there on a few occasions and three times
the package disappeared off the radar. I had to have someone pretty high up the chain personally
contact the Head of Manila Customs...and within 24 hours the packages were found and delivered.

R

romsitsa

It’s up and running, but check their site for updates.

There are several country based restrictions and more or less delay due to decreased number of air carriers.

Adam

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Someone mentioned the Philippines....I can tell you from personal experience:
the Philippines has the most ^%$%ed up postal service on the planet. If you do not
know anyone high up in customs, getting your packages is like playing the lottery.
I had some moderately priced merchandise shipped there on a few occasions and three times
the package disappeared off the radar. I had to have someone pretty high up the chain personally
contact the Head of Manila Customs...and within 24 hours the packages were found and delivered.
That was me and you are right about PhilPost. I have found that, even in normal times, only about 50% of parcels get delivered. If it is not delivered, you can most often find it for sale on the internet in the Philippines a week or so after.

Last week line to customs from China to HK and from what I heard the situation is still the same:

From info I have almost all carriers have serious backlogs, especially in countries with lockdowns.
Even local carriers are trying to cope with demand (for example here in Greece median delivery time is 3-4 days over than the usual delivery for local shipments, supermarket chains have in median 3-4 weeks delivery for online orders).

I ordered a razor from Shaving.IE on March 30. It has cleared customs in NY and is on it's way to my house. Hoping it will be here by the end of the week.

I think CONUS has also been impacted. Ordered 4 items last 2 weeks and one was lost (found in 9 days) from Calif to MO. I now have another razor currently 2 days late from NY and still in the "In Transit" status?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just got some T+S in record time. Canada to US seems to work at least with the shaving exemption. ;)

Domestic we have not had any complaints from customers. Just checked tracking info on a number of orders already shipped. Today is April 8 and all have been delivered up until April 4 which is normal.

International is taking longer. A recent shipment going to Malaysia took three weeks and it ought to have been two weeks but it is getting through. Canada orders seem unaffected.

Top Bottom