What's new

Game Changer .84P

Thanks, everyone! Just pulled the trigger on the .84 Gamechanger and with BarberPole handle too! Now for the long wait...
This is exactly the setup I originally purchased and I really like it. Subsequently, I ordered the Open Comb baseplate and the .68 JAWS. All options perform well though I think I have a slight preference for my original setup with the .84 safety bar. The OC gives me a close shave but I have to monitor my pressure carefully or I experience irritation on my neck area.

Last edited:
I was going to by the GC, and put my email in the notify me field so I could order when they came back in stock. After waiting a month, I gave up and bought a Rockwell 6S. I’ve never been happier with a purchase and have never look back. I’m using the 4 plate with a Feather blade, but I may step up to the 5 plate when my current blade is done.
I have both and shave with each regularly. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. The Rockwell 6S is great for a pleasant, mindless shave and for flexibility with the various plates included. It is built like a truck and very durable. The Game Changer is well-machined and a more precisely made instrument that shaves very well. Now that Italian Barber is selling various base plates you can also achieve flexibility with that choice also. I believe you need slightly better technique with the Game Changer, at least the .84 version as I think the Rockwell is more forgiving.

I love all of these handles. Maybe it's a little boring to look at but I really like the size, grip and heavy weight of the RR HD handle. One of my faves!

I love all of these handles. Maybe it's a little boring to look at but I really like the size, grip and heavy weight of the RR HD handle. One of my faves!
I'd like to give that handle a try some time, I love my RR Super Knurl handle, not so in love with my RR Halo handle though, it looks great(imo) but the grip is pretty mediocre.

What say the experts???
I'm no expert, but I love my GC84. I also love light, and head heavy, razors so the handle had to be replaced immediately.

GC84_2018-10-31.jpg

16CE3857-6809-4536-97B3-35C90104D02D.jpegI’m betting you’ll love this razor. I had the 6s and was right in the zone you are with 5 & 6 plate. The 84 is my preferred razor now, but at first I would say I had to use it every other day for 3 to 4 weeks before my skin was accepting of it to use as a daily driver.

You inquired about the handle... it’s all a personal preference. The barber pole is how I ordered mine, but I wound up buying the super knurl from their scratch and dent for $6 and I love it. Also have to say the UFO handle is nice if you want a strong retro vibe.

I emailed Italian barber today. They’re not planning to offer more aggressive baseplate than the 84 Jaws. A little bit disappointed. It’s a two pass shave at a minimum for me.

I’m still wondering if you purchased it from ItalianBarber seeing they’ve been out for weeks.
Hi, in case you're addressing to my msg, I got mine from Gifts&Care. I have been eyeing either IB, Connaught or Gifts&Care. From IB & Connaught, shipping makes the razor really expensive. Meantime, G&C stock for Game Changer just came in and they have a 10% discount for 1st purchase plus another EU5 off. That helps a lot for shipping to my country.

Hi, in case you're addressing to my msg, I got mine from Gifts&Care. I have been eyeing either IB, Connaught or Gifts&Care. From IB & Connaught, shipping makes the razor really expensive. Meantime, G&C stock for Game Changer just came in and they have a 10% discount for 1st purchase plus another EU5 off. That helps a lot for shipping to my country.
Thank you for the info.

I have both the Rockwell and the 84 game changer OC. I consider them both very mild shavers.
Interesting, I consider the GC .84 OC to be more of a mid aggressive razor (to each his own I guess). And I would also say that the Rockwell with the #6 plate is more mid aggressive as well. Neither of these seem aggressive at all to me. Take a CG lvl 3 plate, now that's aggressive!

Last edited:
Top Bottom