What's new

Game Changer .84P

I just ordered a GC .84. I've been using my Rockwell 6S and 6C for almost a year now. The Rockwell razors are fantastic, but the weight and cumbersome heads are urging me to look for something different. (I use plates 5&6 on the Rockwell) After reading numerous posts in regards to the GC, I think I may have made a good decision. I'll soon find out.

What say the experts???

I have the.84 SB and OC. Both great razors. Sold the Jaws (Didn’t work for me). I’m using titanium handles on both now. They seem to work better.

I have 5 of the 6 plates and have the 6th in transit.

The GC .84P is a terrific razor. I hope you like it. Which handle did you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a GC .84. I've been using my Rockwell 6S and 6C for almost a year now. The Rockwell razors are fantastic, but the weight and cumbersome heads are urging me to look for something different. (I use plates 5&6 on the Rockwell) After reading numerous posts in regards to the GC, I think I may have made a good decision. I'll soon find out.

What say the experts???
Where did you purchase it from? I know ItalianBarber is sold out?

I am so very close to getting my first ever stainless steel razor, the GC 0.84 SB too!
Can I ask, which handle works best for the GC 0.84 SB?
Thanks..

I've only owned 3 razors, so I cannot comment on the Rockwells. A narrow head however was one of main features I was looking for after using razors with heads similar to the EJ DE89, which is a bit large for under my nose. I ended up going for broke with the Game Changer Jaws and have not regretted it one bit! VERY narrow and nimble head, here's a pic from a review I did here a while back. Yours will have a straight bar instead of teeth but the geometry is basically the same. My Jaws is the heaviest razor I've used but it's not uncomfortable to use at all. I'm pretty sure you'll like yours, enjoy!

IMG_0089.jpeg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I am so very close to getting my first ever stainless steel razor, the GC 0.84 SB too!
Can I ask, which handle works best for the GC 0.84 SB?
Thanks..
I'm sure you're going to love the GC.
I have the .68-P, and purchased it with the radio knob handle because that was the only handle available. I really did not like this handle, the large knob on the end made it feel too bottom heavy and off balance, if that makes any sense.
I really prefer bulldog type handles, so I purchased an Ikon Bulldog handle from maggard's razor. I got the 85mm matte finish one and love it. It's very close to the handle on my Rockwell 6S, and was a big improvement for the GC, but I guess handles are also a personal preference for everyone.

I'm sure you're going to love the GC.
I have the .68-P, and purchased it with the radio knob handle because that was the only handle available. I really did not like this handle, the large knob on the end made it feel too bottom heavy and off balance, if that makes any sense.
I really prefer bulldog type handles, so I purchased an Ikon Bulldog handle from maggard's razor. I got the 85mm matte finish one and love it. It's very close to the handle on my Rockwell 6S, and was a big improvement for the GC, but I guess handles are also a personal preference for everyone.
Thanks for feedback....that's an interesting observation...off balance due to heavier knob at the bottom.

To the best of my knowledge you can only buy a new Game Changer from Italian Barber which is the retail store for RazoRock. I have the Barberpole and HD handles. The first is reminiscent of the Gillette Bulldog handle and the latter the Merkur 34C. Both handles are terrific in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to by the GC, and put my email in the notify me field so I could order when they came back in stock. After waiting a month, I gave up and bought a Rockwell 6S. I’ve never been happier with a purchase and have never look back. I’m using the 4 plate with a Feather blade, but I may step up to the 5 plate when my current blade is done.

I mostly use the Barber Pole handle on my GC .84-P (AKA SB), but also have the Bulldog. I switch to the longer/heavier Bulldog to damp the occasional tremor in my hand (nerve damage).

So, if I was @Batchief909, I would buy a GC with a short handle (such as the Barber Pole or Radio Knob), then buy a longer handle as a spare (such as the Bulldog or Super Knurl). Or vice versa. Then, you can swap between them to see which one serves you better.

I picked up one from Italian Barber. After I checked out, I noticed they were now all sold out. Apparently I snagged the last one?? I got a confirmation email and order number, so we'll see!

I love my .68 Gamechanger, though I personally found the .84 a bit aggressive for me so I traded that baseplate off. I have a Super Knurl handle and a Halo handle, I prefer the Super Knurl for weight, length, and grip, the aesthetics are a wash or maybe a slight edge to the Halo. I'd like to buy an HD(or possibly Barber Pole) handle next time I make an order from Italian Barber.

Top Bottom