What's new

A sad sight at the range today.

While we were shooting at the clay range today, this happened to my friend's Perazzi O/U.

20200401_163953.jpg

It happened while he was shooting. I have to believe the forearm iron screws that hold the wood on the iron were loose.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That is...sickening.

When I inherited Dad's Belgium Browning Sweet 16 the wrist of the stock was cracked. I ordered a new stock from Browning but it had a different font on the BROWNING writing on the butt plate and the original one wouldn't fit the new stock. So I just kept the old stock and used the new one as is. Works fine. But it's not in the class of that one.

I don't know anything about stock repair, but....

I highly doubt it. The gun is about 20 years old. In all fairness, the gun had seen lots of use. The owner has shot about 250k registered birds in his life and probably as many in practice. Of course they all weren't with this gun, bit a large portion were.

He has all the pieces. I am sure it can be glued back and will hold until he locates a replacement.

With the Midway USA sponsoring a lot of the sports on Outdoor Chanel, Larry Potterfield was showing an older Browning side by side which was showing the barrel tubes not in a close mate to the breach. The tolerance he was noting as unacceptably out of spec was six thousands of an inch. I'd have to wonder if a smith's inspection wouldn't be a very good idea for many of our prized and well used older sporters.

You know, the Browning Cynergy might not be the best looking shotgun, but it’s a forever gun. Wood is beautiful for hunting, but once you get into the thousands shooting sporting clays or whatever... I’ve seen that happen often, and it sucks just as much seeing it now, as it was the first time I’ve seen it.

I can't get past the looks of a Cynergy.

I consider one of the Citori ( not 725) guns to be more of a forever gun. Its design has been around much longer.

Last edited:
Find someone skilled at dowel, pin & glue to put it back together & refinish. When my Dad was alive, I had access to his shop & did a fair amount of cracked & broken wrist repairs, but now can do only simple crack fixes..

As far as Boyd's goes, I don't believe they duplicate custom orders. Even if they did, I believe it would be laminate. I don't see my friend putting a laminate stock on his Perazzi.

The good thing is that he has two identical guns, except one is pull/pull and one is release/release and can only shoot one at a time. He can swap forearms.

Top Bottom