What's new

Underrated Aftershaves

I agree. I've been using it since the 70s. Sadly, it's not as easily available as it once was. It was commonly found in grocery stores and the chain stores, like WalMart and Walgreens. But when it was time to replace my last bottle of the Original, I had to hunt and hunt and finally found it in an independent pharmacy. And the prices on Amazon have steadily climbed.
Wallies

Fully Agree, just about any Aqua Velva!!
Modern as well as vintage!

aqua velva various.jpg

REUZEL!
*Underrated, as in under-appreciated. Nothing underrated about it's performance!

This is the ONLY aftershave I use! GREAT FEEL! ...fresh, clean, but neutral scent.
Reuzel's T4 tonic blend of Witch Hazel, Nettle Leaf, Rosemary and Horsetail Root tones, soothes, cools, and moisturizes your skin. Reuzel makes the finest hair styling and barbering products!

View attachment 1081267

I love their Wood & Spice AS, give that a shot if you like this one. Amazing product.

there is quite a few of the vintage Avon's that one of my aunt's years ago used to give us for xmas ( well she used to be a rep for them ) that memory serves me right had some good scents just cant remember the names of them ( old age I guess ).

English Leather is one aftershave I feel is underrated. It really feels good and smells amazing. Especially the vintage. The new stuff is pretty good too.

Barbon. It's made in Hungary. It has menthol and has great healing properties. To my nose, it smells like minty Fruit Loops. It complements the very good Barbon shaving cream. It has a sister brand named Figaro, but I haven't tried that one. I hear it's good too.

Stirling Witch Hazel. I know it's not the same as a aftershave that we traditionally think of, but it's still worth looking into. He also offers an aftershave splash too. I haven't tried it, but it must be good if it comes from Stirling.

Myrsol. I'm not sure if it's underrated, but I don't see it talked about much here. There are several scents available. And the Myrsol Emulsion is the best balm I have ever used. It can be used to shave with as well as post shave. Reportedly, that's all the founder of Myrsol shaved with.

I would love to try Myrsol, but the cost of getting it to my door here in the US doesn't make it worth the risk.

I would love to try Myrsol, but the cost of getting it to my door here in the US doesn't make it worth the risk.

I had samples of all of the scents. F was my favorite, followed by Blue. But Emulsion is a completely different beast. You would have to try it to see what I was talking about. Check out the vendors stateside to see if you can snag a bottle.

Edit: Bullgoose has Myrsol is having a sale and has all of the scents available.

Top Bottom