What's new

Shotgun Ammo

I thought that maybe I’d try something a little different. We all have plenty of birdshot, but not quite enough buckshot or slugs. Normally if I’ve been out bird hunting and I’ve needed to dispatch something a bit bigger, I’d go the “cut shell” method. It works.

See Video here.

But the “problem” is, using a cut shells means you’ve now got a single shot shotgun unless you’re shooting a double or over/under. Don’t load more than one in a pump or a semi.

So today I’m trying the wax method so I can load more than one at a time.

0E13B9F3-B0B9-4B33-9E4A-42B8DDB7500B.jpeg

Any of you try it? I’d imagine you’d need to be careful with them in the heat of the summer, but I think this might work better than a cut shell if you want to load more than one.

F221F8CB-8B9F-4130-AF21-2E723CAC578F.jpeg

Can‘t wait to give em a try!

Hmmm... I like do it your self projects, but won't take shortcuts with my ammunition. I would rather get store loads or, eventually get a press to make my own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I thought that maybe I’d try something a little different. We all have plenty of birdshot, but not quite enough buckshot or slugs. Normally if I’ve been out bird hunting and I’ve needed to dispatch something a bit bigger, I’d go the “cut shell” method. It works.

See Video here.

But the “problem” is, using a cut shells means you’ve now got a single shot shotgun unless you’re shooting a double or over/under. Don’t load more than one in a pump or a semi.

So today I’m trying the wax method so I can load more than one at a time.

View attachment 1082371

Any of you try it? I’d imagine you’d need to be careful with them in the heat of the summer, but I think this might work better than a cut shell if you want to load more than one.

View attachment 1082372

Can‘t wait to give em a try!

I haven’t tried it, but I know someone who does the same. He uses melted Crayons instead of wax for the summer heat melting issue. Says they are a harder wax.

As David Byrne of Talking Heads so eloquently put it...
”This ain’t no party... This ain’t no disco. This ain’t no foolin’ around.”
These days my shotgun (at least this one) is purpose driven.
2E7223D8-8615-4F19-88F0-0CFAB4CF7C26.jpeg

I was quite fortunate to find a fair supply of these which I had idly picked up a few years ago and have kept in storage since.
Good find 😉

F8CF33C3-C6A4-4026-B3F1-C9588E8A2681.jpeg
3B41FC96-156E-40D4-BB2D-B875EFF6066F.jpeg

Top Bottom