What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Today's shave has something I've never posted before.

Kikuboshi theme

Super Kikuboshi razor

Kikuboshi strop. I have never posted this. I rarely use it as I'm not sure what material the fine piece is. In one sense it seems like cordovan. In one sense feels like some sort of foam. So I really dont know. I just love that it is a kikuboshi strop.

One of my favorite brushes. @Graydog Backyard maple.

Captains choice venture soap

Lucky tiger aftershave

20200401_204230_compress62.jpg
20200401_204237_compress9.jpg

Today’s shave was a Frederick Reynolds wedge w/silver inlay horn scales. Just got the Plisson brush yesterday, it was a used vintage piece and loo hardly used. I can’t get over how soft it is, felt like a cloud on my face as I was lathering up.

Larry

View attachment 1081648

Fantastic razor and a beautiful brush, that's one thing I found with Plisson. They are very soft but still offer some backbone...

Today was a bit different, its been awhile since I challenged my skills on honing so I decided to reset the bevel on a C1k then do a nagura progression and strop and the shave today with the Wacker Chevalier using a custom horn badger and a triple dose of Penhaligons Bayolea was super smooth and very satisfying.

My normal down and dirty honing consists of a 1K if needed then 4, 8, 12 and JNAT with a tomo slurry but I just wanted to see if I could get by with less

01B7B2BB-4A6C-410C-A55F-6AA79BB870DF.jpeg

Today was a bit different, its been awhile since I challenged my skills on honing so I decided to reset the bevel on a C1k then do a nagura progression and strop and the shave today with the Wacker Chevalier using a custom horn badger and a triple dose of Penhaligons Bayolea was super smooth and very satisfying.

My normal down and dirty honing consists of a 1K if needed then 4, 8, 12 and JNAT with a tomo slurry but I just wanted to see if I could get by with less

View attachment 1082048

[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom