What's new

What precautions are you taking and how's your shaving going?

I very nearly had a panic attack Sunday night in bed. I self diagnosed it, as I've never really had one before.

I have since severely limited my news intake, and I'm back to my normal strange self. As said before, this too shall pass.

Sounds like you need to keep some Arko in arms reach from the bed for a happy sniff when you need it. I have some Tabac for the very same symptoms you describe, and it works!

IMG_0199.jpeg

I'm really trying to play by these rules of self-censorship due to fear of being blamed for offering some kind of advice which caused somebody to do something they would be entirely responsible for making their own choices... when a frickin elephant is in the room and this fear of sharing in a mature and reasoned discourse prevents people from being flat out honest. Is this what people do in communist states where anything they say can be used against them in a court they do not have a right to represent themselves in or even be made aware of the charges being raised against them?

Pardon me while I go to my bathroom and retch, it seems to me there is a wheelbarrow full of ...

Never mind, I guess I just need to be somewhere else right now.
See you on the other side.

/edit: Turkmenistan Censorship
It's pretty simple. This is a moderated forum with rules about what you can discuss. If you don't want to follow the rules, start your own forum. It's happened before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm really trying to play by these rules of self-censorship due to fear of being blamed for offering some kind of advice which caused somebody to do something they would be entirely responsible for making their own choices... when a frickin elephant is in the room and this fear of sharing in a mature and reasoned discourse prevents people from being flat out honest. Is this what people do in communist states where anything they say can be used against them in a court they do not have a right to represent themselves in or even be made aware of the charges being raised against them?

Pardon me while I go to my bathroom and retch, it seems to me there is a wheelbarrow full of ...

Never mind, I guess I just need to be somewhere else right now.
See you on the other side.

/edit: Turkmenistan Censorship

It's really pretty straight forward and nobody is trying to take away any freedoms you might have. It's more of a thing to protect the ignorant. I mean I'm not going to take medical advice from some random person on a shaving forum but a very small number of people might be inclined to do so. We've got people eating Tide Pods and others drinking fish tank cleaner, so you never know. If you buy a cup of hot coffee from your local fast food restaurant you'll notice it says something to the effect of "caution, hot coffee is hot". It seems like that would be a given to me, but I guess not everyone catches on so quickly.

Just don't give any advice that could be taken as medical advice. Unless you're a doctor you shouldn't do this, and if you are a doctor then you'd know not to. After all, you don't know what other medications people are taking that might interact with whatever you're mentioning.

Just don't give any advice that could be taken as medical advice.

Here's an idea, don't start a thread that leads with What precautions are you taking and not expect some people to start doing exactly that! If some guy says he started using aftershave because his cousins wifes sister told him to, then another guy just might do the same ting and then blame the first guy for giving him bad advice after he gets an STD. This is the internet after all, you don't need to be proficient with a screwdriver in order to run a Google search.

Here's an idea, don't start a thread that leads with What precautions are you taking and not expect some people to start doing exactly that! If some guy says he started using aftershave because his cousins wifes sister told him to, then another guy just might do the same ting and then blame the first guy for giving him bad advice after he gets an STD. This is the internet after all, you don't need to be proficient with a screwdriver in order to run a Google search.

There are plenty of things that people can share without getting into their personal medical information. Like wearing gloves, having things delivered, staying inside, cooking your own meals, etc. The original statement asked what are you doing to keep from getting sick. It did not ask what medications you are taking once you are sick or how you got rid of your fever, etc. It's not all that difficult to share some ideas that might help others out without breaking the forum rules.

There are plenty of things that people can share without getting into their personal medical information. Like wearing gloves, having things delivered, staying inside, cooking your own meals, etc. The original statement asked what are you doing to keep from getting sick. It did not ask what medications you are taking once you are sick or how you got rid of your fever, etc. It's not all that difficult to share some ideas that might help others out without breaking the forum rules.

Here's the description and guidelines for the forum this thread was started in.

"General Shaving Discussion
Any shaving related talk that doesn't belong in the forums below goes here. Please note: Topics that aren't related to shaving belong in The Barber Shop."

While many of the threads are going off-topic for obvious reasons, and I'm definitely guilty myself, we probably shouldn't be putting phrases in the titles that clearly don't belong there. There's a very fine line between giving medical advice and telling people what you're taking or doing to prevent getting sick.

Since I have to work during this "crisis", with vunerable people and have been provided with inadequate Person Protective equipment, I have moved into my mom's apartment that is in my back yard. She passed away 2 years ago, but it is now useful as my wife and mother in law, who lives with us both have underlying health issues. So im minimising the risk.

On the bright side, my TV is bigger than theirs.

It seems all my precautions have been taken for me. They closed down everything I'd want to do, so there's really no reason to leave. Just the grocery stores and home improvement stores for work around the house. My garden is getting much more love this year, I'll say that much.

Top Bottom