What's new

Sandalwood

I love Proraso Red AS, and would like to find a cologne or edt that has a strong sandalwood scent. Suggestions? Favorites?
I quite like my Geo F Trumper sandalwood. Comes in either a 100ml old fashioned splash bottle, or a 50ml spray bottle. Has an atomic bomb strength sandalwood accord and a lovely dry down. It has been compared many times to Chanel Égoïste.

-Yamato

I love Proraso Red AS, and would like to find a cologne or edt that has a strong sandalwood scent. Suggestions? Favorites?

This is a very nice Sandalwood & Musk type of scent. Starts off a bit citrus and fresh but, is gone within 10 minutes. The drydown is actually quite nice and the Sandalwood with the musk give a soft yet nicely controlled vibe that is unique for a fresh fragrance. Not the greatest projection but, it stays on the skin for quite some time. Couple of extra sprays and you’re good for the day. It actually pairs very nicely with Proraso Red. A true hidden Gem for peanuts....

CC9D0B08-300A-4710-BED2-EE1949618EC7.jpeg

For travelling (especially for when international travel eventually comes back in any meaningful way), is there any solid sandalwood cologne that is recommended?

There was also once a Floris Sandalwood, as opposed to Santal. Absolutely wonderful stuff. Very much a pure, creamy Mysore sandalwood. It was discontinued long ago. If any still exists, I am sure it would be dear.
Yes, I own a bottle and have used up most of it but rarely wear it as I doubt it can be replaced. *That* is the real-deal. The current Santal from Floris used to be called Eau de Santal, and while I love and own it, the perfume is more a “spirit of sandalwood” composition, containing none or all but none. Still definitely worth a sniff regardless.

Yes, I own a bottle and have used up most of it but rarely wear it as I doubt it can be replaced. *That* is the real-deal. The current Santal from Floris used to be called Eau de Santal, and while I love and own it, the perfume is more a “spirit of sandalwood” composition, containing none or all but none. Still definitely worth a sniff regardless.
Exactly!

All the scents listed have a decent amount of sandalwood scent. Bear in mind that very few if any current scents contain any sandalwood oil. Iso e super has a characteristic sandalwood-cedar scent and is widely used - Tam Dao is a good example. A decent Mysore oil is hard to find and will run expensive - Ensar still lists some. Maybe worth getting a 0.3 ML for reference.

Top Bottom