What's new

Finally tried Arko

...That being said, I think I would recommend the arko to a beginner because I think a good lather is more easily/quickly achieved with the arko. It definitely has its pro's.
You have not tried La Toja or Wilkinson Sword Stick, have you? Great lather and none of that janitorial supply closet smell.
:lol1:

You have not tried La Toja or Wilkinson Sword Stick, have you? Great lather and none of that janitorial supply closet smell.
:lol1:
I have not. Been eyeballing the La Toja..... once again because I see it mentioned here and think I must try it LOL. My mother was a religious cleaner and did so often and meticulously. I have always felt comforted by the smell of cleaning products :)

Great stuff. I just finished pressing two sticks into an old caties bubbles container. The performance is excellent and I like the scent. I like it better in a tub vs a stick because I can bloom it and get a much better lather. Can’t go wrong with Arko.

Great stuff. I just finished pressing two sticks into an old caties bubbles container. The performance is excellent and I like the scent. I like it better in a tub vs a stick because I can bloom it and get a much better lather. Can’t go wrong with Arko.
I have been putting a few drops of water on the top of the stick before I get in the shower to help soften before face lather. Last night I done the same but instead of face lathering, I rubbed the stick on the ridges in the bottom of my Captains choice lather bowl. Just a small amount of soap on each ridge. Just wiped the little bit of softened soap off the end of the stick. Maybe.... 1/16" not an 1/8" for sure. Took to it with the presoaked boar brush, add a few droplets of water as needed. Made more than enough quality lather. I found it easier to add water in the bowl than I do on my face and maybe I had less soap, but I was able to get a "thinner" slicker lather that was not as prone to sticking in the razor. Another darn fine shine. I prefer the bowl when at home (mostly, with a bit of work on the face after the bowl) but I feel plenty capable putting stick straight to face also, making me comfortable throwing the stick in my travel bag.

Lathered up my Arko stick in my Turkish copper shave bowl this morning. Lather was excellent and so was the shave.

I love Arko, pretty good stuff.
Me too

Will be shaving with it tomorrow. 😃
Excuse me.... excuse me ☝ I’m going to take a leak.

proxy.php

I wouldn't give up on the VDH yet as a travel soap. I am a big fan of VDH Deluxe and it melts very easily into any container that is microwave safe. If you have a used up deodorant stick container just cut a hunk of VDH or VDH shavings into it and give it 10 second bursts in the microwave.

I wouldn't give up on the VDH yet as a travel soap. I am a big fan of VDH Deluxe and it melts very easily into any container that is microwave safe. If you have a used up deodorant stick container just cut a hunk of VDH or VDH shavings into it and give it 10 second bursts in the microwave.
I enjoy VdH too!
I use their basic glycerin soap at times, it makes a great lather.
Very inexpensive quality product.

Someone mentioned turning it into a stick earlier in the thread i belueve. I was quite intrigued. I differ from some others as i think i like the foil wrap of arko. Minimalist simplicity i suppose. I was thinking of trying to package a VDH stick that way. I do see the benefit of being "protected" in a deo container however. Hmmmm decisions.

I hit the VDH puck last couple days to keep it limbered up. There are certain things i really like about the VDH, but i also find myself missing the arko a bit. Perhaps i must do as some have mentioned and just mix haha.

Top Bottom