What's new

Favorite DE Safety Razor

Favorite DE Safety Razor

• Total voters
I was looking forward to another great photo.

Sorry man, here you go:

proxy.php

Been using an OC plate lately though...

proxy.php

I couldn't get a close shave with the .68 sb and the .84 sb was good if I only had to shave 4 days in a row. After a lot of debate I got the .68 Jaws and it is so much more efficient than the .68 sb but just as smooth. I used it for two weeks straight without any irritation.
Interesting! So, you found the .68 Jaws to hit the sweet spot in aggression between the .68 and .84 straight bars?

I’ve shaved with an EJ89, Gillette slim, red/flare/blue super speeds, tech, and game changer 68. GC is by far my favorite. I literally haven’t gotten a single bump or knick in my past two weeks of shaving with the GC 68, and I’m shaving ATG now which I used to never be able to do. I’m not sure if maybe it’s the extra weight of the stainless steel or the precision it was made with, but I couldn’t be more impressed. I’ve got my eyes set on acquiring the 84 base plate and possible a Rockwell 6s in the future.

The list is too narrow. Honestly, I like all of my razors, vintage and modern, it just depends on the day which one I reach for. Many times I will choose a razor that received a favorable B&B comment that reminds me that I miss that razor. My least favorite is my Fatboy and my 2 slims. If I was limited to a modern choice it would be the Blackbird for a 2-3 day growth or my Timeless for a 1-2 day shave. My vintage choices would be my Popular for a TTO and any NEW LC for a 3 piece vintage.
If I may, why do you dislike the Fatboy and slims?

It's not that I dislike the adjustables its just that I reach for them less. I really like the heft of the fatboy and the versitility of the slims. I am just not a fan of fiddleing with the adjustment during the shave. I think that adjusting interrupts the flow of the shave. I am tempted to fiddle with the adjustment if for no other reason than I can change the setting throught the shave. I keep them because thay are classics and they are in great condition especially the the hard to find slim long handle gold.

Attachments

• Adj.jpg
    Adj.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
As of this week, my favourite is a plain old USA Red Tip. The stupid thing is, I think I bought it about 3 years ago, and left it on a shelf without trying it until a few days ago. I've tried dozens of other razors over the last 5 1/2 years, including RFB News, flat-bed Techs and all the usual suspects, but this is the first razor that felt great from the very first shave.

It's not that I dislike the adjustables it is just that I reach for them less. I really like the heft of the Fatboy and the versatility of the slims. I am just not a fan of fiddling with the adjustment during the shave. I think that adjusting interrupts the flow of the shave. I am tempted to fiddle with the adjustment if for no other reason than I can change the setting throughout the shave. I keep them because they are classics and they are in great condition especially the hard to find slim long handle gold.
I hope that my shave technique is better than my spelling. I had to go back and clean this (post) mess up. I think I was too anxious to get to my morning shave to proofread the original post before I hit reply. At least the shave was good (New SC w/GSB)

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
It's not that I dislike the adjustables its just that I reach for them less. I really like the heft of the fatboy and the versitility of the slims. I am just not a fan of fiddleing with the adjustment during the shave. I think that adjusting interrupts the flow of the shave. I am tempted to fiddle with the adjustment if for no other reason than I can change the setting throught the shave. I keep them because thay are classics and they are in great condition especially the the hard to find slim long handle gold.
Thank you for the response.

Top Bottom