What's new

durable DE

Good morning,
So I'm a new to wet shaving world, I've tried many cheap options and they worked pretty well - not as I watch on Youtube but waay better than Braun electric razors- However now I want to upgrade to good quality durable DE razor with a budget around 80 dollars.
Don't know but the satin futur merkur got my heart although some reviewers suggest the poor quality control ?
Would you please suggest some very durable DE razors other than vintage ones?
Thank you very much

There are some stainless steel ones around $50. I think The Game Changer is in that range and is well spoken of. Rockwell has a stainless steel that $99 and comes with plates if you want something adjustable and can spend a little more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There are some stainless steel ones around $50. I think The Game Changer is in that range and is well spoken of. Rockwell has a stainless steel that $99 and comes with plates if you want something adjustable and can spend a little more.

Thank you for the reply would you suggest some brands other then game changer?

I haven't used a stainless steel DE, these two are what I have seen others recommend in the price range. The Rockwell has long been tempting, but I don't know that I want to spend that much to shave, although there are far more expensive options. I am sure others will chime in with some more options in your price range.

Edit

The 6C has a good reputation, but it isn't as durable as the 6S. My understanding is the difference between the models is the material used to make the razors.

The Karve brass DE is a fine razor. It is not in stock right now at the Karve website but some online stores have it in stock. I have a brass and stainless steel one and both are excellent razors. I have the C and D plates in the brass model.

R

romsitsa

For real durability your options are brass (copper, but it’s pretty rare) steel or titanium, later two having no advantage over brass, except for “hype” and being somewhat cheaper. Modern razors in your price range would be Fatip or Karve, but 80 USD would cover almost any vintage razor.

Adam

For real durability your options are brass (copper, but it’s pretty rare) steel or titanium, later two having no advantage over brass, except for “hype” and being somewhat cheaper. Modern razors in your price range would be Fatip or Karve, but 80 USD would cover almost any vintage razor.

Adam
And what is the best vintage razor at your opinion?!:

Adam
I think that I'm going with the Rockwell 6s because they claim that it is a razor for life

Rockwell 6s.. Simply a very good shaver. Not more not less. Totally easy to use. Works well woth most blades. And six levels to fit for your needs

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

A "Ming Shi" adjustable. They are really great, especially when the price is considered.

You can find them for well under USD 10, with free shipping, on eBay.

When you say “durable,” are you concerned about how the razor holds up if dropped, or how well it resists zamac rot (also known as Zinkpest in German based terminology)? All razors are in some peril if dropped. Aluminum razors are also not susceptible to zamac rot. The Razorock Baby Smooth is aluminum and not expensive.

Top Bottom