What's new

Combating Wu Flu boredom

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I can honestly say that I thought you were suggesting something else at first when suggesting the Tabasco sauce, then I read the second half of your post.

I once made a pepper spray using what was essentially capsaicin oil to spray on my couch to keep the young cats I had at the time from scratching it.
It worked quite well! So well in fact that I wouldn't go near it for a few days because my sinuses would immediately start flowing and I'd have a coughing fit. My wife was not pleased with me!

I learned that trick from my late brother in law. He tried it to stop his Lab pup from gnawing the wooden legs on a coffee table. It worked.

Unless there's something I have to do, I do small 10-minute jobs that make life just a tad easier.
Switch out batteries. Charge my USB battery sticks. Put some stair tread tape on the Wahl clippers because they slip. Top off any water bottles in the fridge. Let the dogs out to pee. Do a round or two on the heavy bag.

Made a third twist up shave stick, with some newly arrived Wilkinson sticks. The twist up will hold about 1 3/4 sticks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_181453.jpg
    IMG_20200319_181453.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
This is the fourth day in a row that I've dined at home on food that I have prepared myself. And drank beer that is not "draft".

Frankly, it is like living in the Spanish Inquistion. Had the Spanish Inquisition taken place in East Germany under Erich Honneker. I went food shopping at a Kroger Sunday night...and I had to buy "organic" peanut butter. And some gimmicky "filtered" whole milk. And cans of soup NOT labeled "Chunky".

But yes, I have not had to do any hasty one-pass shaves. But Ohio has now closed barbershops. So now I face the possibilty of looking like a roadie for Fog Hat before this is all over.
download.jpg

Last edited:
Being a good citizen, or a paranoid one, I'm avoiding unwarranted outings. That's making me appreciate a nice slow shave. Take time to smell the coffee as they say. So I had a thought. What's better than a nice slow shave? Why, two nice slow shaves of course. I'm thinking that I could dig out the most inefficient razor I have and giving myself the kind of shave that has to be repeated in 12 hours. :thumbup:

Just a thought.

How are people that can kill time killing time?

Gillette tech, derby extra, way too little water in your lather, and WTG passes only... You'll still be chasing BBS long after we all go back outside lol

I work in schools (UK) and they are closing today, which means I will be off work for the unforeseeable future. I also have a degree dissertation to write so I will concentrate on getting that done.

Also live in the countryside and it looks like its given nice weather next week (instead of constant rain), so I will be getting the trail shoes out and get plenty of running in

The honey do list has been extremely long. I should state that the list is self imposed. I am one of those early risers that can't sit still too long. In Arizona we have beautiful weather this time of year. For fun, I've been taking the kids for hikes, 4 wheeling, and riding our bicycles. Oh, and the dog gets walked a few times per day.

I plan on doing some honing and restoring a couple of old AOS wooden bowls.

I pumped around on my distance board a few times in the rain yesterday and today. Kited a little today in some pretty high winds.

I shaved my head tonight, after several weeks off.

Last edited:
This is the fourth day in a row that I've dined at home on food that I have prepared myself. And drank beer that is not "draft".

Frankly, it is like living in the Spanish Inquistion. Had the Spanish Inquisition taken place in East Germany under Erich Honneker. I went food shopping at a Kroger Sunday night...and I had to buy "organic" peanut butter. And some gimmicky "filtered" whole milk. And cans of soup NOT labeled "Chunky".

But yes, I have not had to do any hasty one-pass shaves. But Ohio has now closed barbershops. So now I face the possibilty of looking like a roadie for Fog Hat before this is all over.
View attachment 1076205
I'm in the same boat with closed barbershops (Pennsylvania). Tomorrow, I break out the Wahl clippers from Costco, which I haven't done in years. I just take my time and use two mirrors so I can trim the back.

I didn't hoard TP, or anything else for that matter, but I did think to get a haircut last week - just in case. I wonder if that's considered an essential business?

A few weeks ago I was laughing in a checkout lane at the two people ahead of me who were each buying 48 rolls of TP. Now I don't find it as funny. But at least I'm set for shaving supplies for the next few months.

Having eliminated most human contact, I’ve been spending a whole bunch of time trying to figure out the differences between Amazon Fresh, Amazon Pantry and Amazon Whole Foods delivery. Still working on it....

Having eliminated most human contact, I’ve been spending a whole bunch of time trying to figure out the differences between Amazon Fresh, Amazon Pantry and Amazon Whole Foods delivery. Still working on it....
When you figure it out, let us know. I can't be the only other person who doesn't understand it!

House clean and up keep chores, watch Youtube videos / movies that interest me / watch reruns of college football and basketball games of team I like (Louisville, Kentucky, and Ohio State) / visit Badger & Blade 3 or 4 times a day.

Hulu, Prime Video, Netflix, library of blue-rays, old hot rod/surf vhs, my pit bull and my border collie. And since we’re self quarantined instead of at the beach, rum!

Attachments

• 14B632BF-B7DC-43C4-A8AD-644CA0296125.png
    14B632BF-B7DC-43C4-A8AD-644CA0296125.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 13
Top Bottom