What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

First two passes were with my OneBlade / Feather (7th), which just wasn't cutting it....pun intended!

Grabbed the OneBlade Genesis / GEM and finished up.

Software:
Dove Pre-Shave - Wasn't after the shower, for added prep
Old Spice Original Cream (India)
Polo Cologne
Polo Balm

They actually match pretty well and I'm trying to finish off the little Polo remaining in the container.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Sunday, February 23
ATT SE1 Proguard(1)
Simpson PJ2
Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Pinaud Clubman

Last night's shave was pretty good.
20200223_201829[1].jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Yesterday was a first time with a French lather catcher, the Pax (latin for Peace). Blade used was a modern Gem SS PTFE on it's 6th shave, lather was a Maggard Razors' Lilac soap and whipped up using a Jayaruh #373 brush. Awesome DFS+ 2-pass no touchup results....surprisingly comfortable shave with no weepers, irritation or drama.

If you're wondering about the back clip looking strange, this one was missing a piece, so an old AAA membership card was sacrificed to produce a workaround (it obviously worked like a charm).
proxy.php
proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Yesterday was a first time with a French lather catcher, the Pax (latin for Peace). Blade used was a modern Gem SS PTFE on it's 6th shave, lather was a Maggard Razors' Lilac soap and whipped up using a Jayaruh #373 brush. Awesome DFS+ 2-pass no touchup results....surprisingly comfortable shave with no weepers, irritation or drama.

If you're wondering about the back clip looking strange, this one was missing a piece, so an old AAA membership card was sacrificed to produce a workaround (it obviously worked like a charm).
proxy.php
proxy.php
Interesting Lather Catcher you have there Fred @Flintstone65 , That handle I have never seen a beautiful twisted one like that. To make a handle like that is very hard and they were popping them out over 100 yrs ago. To make a handle of that nature is very expensive and would be CNC and then drillled out of the centre. A hinged lather catcher also, I know you collect them and use them which is even greater. Thanks for sharing.
Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Interesting Lather Catcher you have there Fred @Flintstone65 , That handle I have never seen a beautiful twisted one like that. To make a handle like that is very hard and they were popping them out over 100 yrs ago. To make a handle of that nature is very expensive and would be CNC and then drillled out of the centre. A hinged lather catcher also, I know you collect them and use them which is even greater. Thanks for sharing.
Have some great shaves!
Thanks, Ron! That's the first twisted handle I've come across, and it really is both beautiful and comfortable to hold. These lather catchers seem so simple in their design to an uninformed guy like me, so I truly appreciate your understanding and sharing of how these things were done then or would be done with today's machinery.

Ron R

Sunday shave March 1st 2020- I'm kind of doing a slow marathon shave with this blade, it's amazing the longevity you can receive from a Twin II blade(Japan MFG?). It is showing signs of getting a little duller but still good for some more shaves.
Twin blades (2).jpg

Razor : Stick Schick injector theme razor- MFG 1973
Blade : Schick twin II injector(29)
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- good soap- mild scent with great lather qualities IMO.
Brush : Yaqi timber wolf 24mm - great synthetic brush.
Pre-shave: brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with witch Hazel+ Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave!
Sunday shave March 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
OneBlade Genesis / Feather (3rd)
Duke Cannon Shave Cream (Clearance item in CVS)
Barbasol (Touch-up/last pass....see below)
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Pacific Shaving Balm/Lotion
Halston Cologne

Stumbled across the Duke Cannon cream 75% off in CVS on Monday, and gave it a try, but may need to change technique. Out of the tube, it's far to thick to use without lathering, clinging to the blade, making it difficult to rinse off. Face lathering didn't work worth a hill of beans, and just thinned out. - Just read that while non-lathering, you need to put some in a cut/bowl, add a little water, and swirl until it becomes thinks into sort of a custard consistency, so I'll give it another try tomorrow or Friday.

Ron R

Sunday shave, Mar 08, 2020

Razor : Schick injector Canadian Variant E2- MFG 1930's- my first injector and one of the better models IMO.
Blade : Personna injector (7)
Soap : Razorock XXX- very nice in every way.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm - excellent brush.
Pre-shave: Brush was my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: very close shave-almost to close to my liking.
Sunday shave Mar 08th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick E2 Deluxe Injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200307_103131.jpg

Ron R

Sunday shave, March 15, 2020, out of town and have a spartan amount of gear.
Razor: One blade core 2nd version.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (4)modified
Soap :Arko stick
Brush: synthetic cheap one, mfg China
Pre-shave:wet the face
Post shave : witch hazel + Nivea balm
Results: DFS+ no irritations + no weepers= great shave
20200315_093350.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick F New and Improved Injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200314_085554.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200315

Continuing my 2020 Resolution to stop chasing BBS!

shave 20200315.jpg

Prep: Splashed water on face
Pre-shave: Cremo
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Silvertip Fiber Synthetic
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (in an Old Spice cup)
Bowl: n/a (face lathered)
Razor: Blackland Sabre Level2
Blade: Ted Pella GEM Personna (7)
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Skin Toner
Aftershave Balm: Bath & Bodyworks Hyaluronic Acid Gel
Aftershave: Clubman Osage Rub
Cologne: G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray (clone of Acqua Di Gio Profumo)

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. Really outstanding shave!

First shave using the Edwin Jagger 25mm Silvertip Fiber Synthetic Brush. Excellent brush. Definitely on a par with the Mühle 25mm Silvertip Fiber. Wonderful brush!

First use of the G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray. Great scent (on me, at least). Wife approved!

Great combination of hardware and software. :)

YMMV

Top Bottom