What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Wed 11th March

ER 1912-Bathroom set & Gem S/S [ 5 ]

IMG_0600.jpg

OneBlade Genesis / New Feather
Barbasol (Heated) - Early & Needed a quick shave
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Tabac AS Splash
Tabac AS Balm

Nice smooth shave, which confirms the last blade was damaged when I dropped it, while rubbing off the wax...bounced in the sink once or twice. She was a little rough, more so on one side than the other.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, March 11th 2020-looks mostly like a Razorock shave today.

Razor : Oneblade Core Version 2- MFG 2018 > excellent daily driver!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (3)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco - very citrus scent with good lather qualities!
Brush : Razorock Noir 400 with black whiskers.
Pre-shave : Brush wash face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber after shave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers or cuts = :a17: excellent shave & hit sweet spot target.
SOTD, March 11th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

OneBlade Genesis / Feather (2nd)
Tabac - Lathered with RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Tabac Splash
Tabac Balm

Three passes of bliss to BBS....I was probably BBS after the 2nd, but couldn't rinse all the lather on the brush down the drain, and did a 3rd pass. But hey, I smell great too! Shame the wife is out of town until tomorrow, as she loves the way Tabac smells as well.

Ron R

SOTD, Thursday March 12-2020

Razor : Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, this is the razor that took Gem to new heights of popularity in USA and world wide. They sold Millions of 1912 different variant models for many years with some improvements.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3)
Soap : Razorock Irish country side. - mild scent with great lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow with brown whiskers 26mm - great brush IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Proraso green with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Great shave & hit my sweet spot target!

SOTD, Thursday Mar 12 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD, Thursday March 12-2020

Razor : Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, this is the razor that took Gem to new heights of popularity in USA and world wide. They sold Millions of 1912 different variant models for many years with some improvements.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3)
Soap : Razorock Irish country side. - mild scent with great lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi rainbow with brown whiskers 26mm - great brush IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Proraso green with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Great shave & hit my sweet spot target!

View attachment 1073480
Have some great shaves!

mine is out for delivery today.

I'm just hopeful that it is a curved cap......think so but did not have the greatest of pics available.

camo

Ron R

mine is out for delivery today.

I'm just hopeful that it is a curved cap......think so but did not have the greatest of pics available.

camo
Good to see you are really enjoying those Gem brand razors, the Damaskeene OC is not a overly aggressive razor but very similar to the It's predecessors like the Gem Jr bar lather catcher for end results. Very rare razor and glade you found one in the wild. I like using mine, amazing the quality for that time period. This is just my thought but the testers at the Gem factory's tried to keep their shave target end results with winning prior razor models that sold well to customers. (They were very smart bunch that worked there at the Brooklyn New York Gem factory works.)

Good to see you are really enjoying those Gem brand razors, the Damaskeene OC is not a overly aggressive razor but very similar to the It's predecessors like the Gem Jr bar lather catcher for end results. Very rare razor and glade you found one in the wild. I like using mine, amazing the quality for that time period. This is just my thought but the testers at the Gem factory's tried to keep their shave target end results with winning prior razor models that sold well to customers. (They were very smart bunch that worked there at the Brooklyn New York Gem factory works.)

mine is just a regular SB not OC.

I imagine the OC is very hard to find.

and yep, I like them GEMs. pretty much using them the majority of the time lately.

camo

Top Bottom