What's new

Ear / Nose Hair Trimmer?

I don't know how much it costs but my sister in law and brother in law gave me a Remington nose hair trimmer for Xmas one year. I like it because it actually works. But most importantly I have NEVER had the thing pull on my nose hairs while trimming. If a trimmer did that I would throw it away. Well, actually I would probably stomp on it in a fit of rage and then sweep up the remains and throw it away. This one doesn't do that. I just went looking for it and found it pretty easily. I'm surprised how expensive it is but doubt they paid this much for it. Trust me. I know them. Anyway. This thing does work with no pain.

image.png

I should add that as an aging late baby boomer who sports a prodigious amount of hair, not necessarily where I want it, I DO NOT use this to deal with my ear hair. Most of my ear hair grows on the edges of my ear and therefore it is easy for my to pluck it. So that's what I do with that hair. As a result I notice those hairs appearing to get thinner or finer as time goes on.

Last edited:
I got a cheapie from the Home Goods store for $6. They're all the same to me so far as I've bought a few under $20, they do the job, but barely.

I use a Norelco. I find that it does a good job, is long lasting and is pretty gentle. I tried a Remington one and a Wahl one and they both were kind of rough.

I had an older Remington battery-powered trimmer that started out quiet, but got louder and louder until I couldn't stand it anymore. It was also the size of a cob of corn.

So, I bought the GroomMate manual rotary trimmer. I found it very awkward as it requires two hands to operate.

Then, I tried a manual squeeze-style trimmer. Looks like this:

full

Searching around on Amazon brought up listings for as little as $5.99. I bought one for $6.99 from a South Korean company called "Beauty" that was fulfilled by Amazon.

It's super-easy to use for both ear and nose hair. Some reviews give it 1-star because they say it yanks hair out. The secret is to rest the barrel of the trimmer against the inner wall of the nostril or ear to steady it before squeezing the handles.

It's made of stainless steel, so it's easy to clean: just rinse under running water. It can also be taken apart for deeper cleaning.

Reactions: nav
I use one like the manual shown above but don't understand the two hand comment,...I only use one hand and its fine. also.... I get my ears and nose waxed when I get a haircut

I use one like the manual shown above but don't understand the two hand comment,...I only use one hand and its fine. also.... I get my ears and nose waxed when I get a haircut
I'm referring to having to hold the GroomMate up to your nose or ear with one hand while twirling the bottom knob with the other hand.

Here's a video (recommended by GroomMate's official YouTube channel) that shows how it's used:

aahhh.. I've never seen one like that. mine has a spring loaded pinch mechanism.
Yeah, I thought the GroomMate rotary trimmer would be easy to use, but holding it up to my ear and twirling the knob at the same time was awkward. Looking in the mirror made it even worse. Now I know what Tourette's feels like (the spasms and the swearing :laugh: ).

But the squeeze-style trimmer (like the one that you and I have) is very intuitive.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mm. Had the Panasonic, but it lacked horsepower and killed even lithium AA batteries fast. (Even when I removed them, it seemed!) :sad:

The Conair Man "Respect the Ritual" Lithium Ear/Nose Trimmer just arrived. :c2:

3-bevel blade; good reviews. New/different technology. :cool2:

You know those shallow-draft outboard engines on a stick, like they use in Asia? :chinese: Think James Bond "Man with the Golden Gun."

It's like sticking one of THOSE up your nose. :badger: Yes it is.

Scorched. Earth. :spockflamBuy one.

With no nose hair to filter covid-air, I will probably get the cornonavirus now. :innocent: So it's been nice knowing you.

Nose feels great, though.

AA 👨‍🚀

Top Bottom