What's new

I am Running Out - Recommend Something

I am just about out and need more shaving cream. Here is what I was thinking of but will try anything new. Not Omega, that's what I just had.

1. Truefitt and Hill (kind of leaning towards Trafalgar or West Indian Limes, something top-shelf)
2. ToBS (any of these!)
3. Speick
4. LEA
5. Proraso
6. Musgo Real
7. Tabac
8. La Toja

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus or Wild Rose (get these at Connaught Shaving)
La Toja
Tabac
Speick
Proraso Blue or Green

All of these are wonderful shaving creams. :)

YMMV :)

I have tried Speick and La Toja, along with their matching splashes. I prefer La Toja by a big margin. Wonderful performance and post shave feel. Its right up their with the new Cella Super Bio in my book. I haven't tried the LEA Classic combo yet, though I do have some on hand. Just haven't opened it yet.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus or Wild Rose (get these at Connaught Shaving)

What he said. CRS.

CRS scents are spectacular. I have their Wild Rose and Sandalwood. Both are incredible scents. The Rose is a very deep, yet very accurate scent. The Sandalwood, I feel is a true Sandalwood thats also very accurate. I heard CRS Vetiver is outstanding. I'll be finding out myself on my next order.

Cyril R Salter Shaving Cream Bowls - https://connaughtshaving.com/cyrilsc.html

5.8oz/165g tubs at that price is a steal. I fully expect my tub of Sandalwood to last me 4 years. I've been using my Rose almost two years now and use it often, its 1/2 gone.

Performance is right there with my best soaps. PdP, Wickham 1912, P&B and WK DM.

Ach Brito's Lavanda would be my suggestion, it's my go-to cream, followed by La Toja, Palmolive, and Top Secret. The Hungarian creams are also excellent - Figaro or Barbon.

Ach Brito's Lavanda would be my suggestion, it's my go-to cream, followed by La Toja, Palmolive, and Top Secret. The Hungarian creams are also excellent - Figaro or Barbon.
I am actually going to order Lavanda next. What lavender splash pairs well with it? I know they make a cologne as well, but not an aftershave. What is in the same ballpark lavender scent?

I am just about out and need more shaving cream. Here is what I was thinking of but will try anything new. Not Omega, that's what I just had.

1. Truefitt and Hill (kind of leaning towards Trafalgar or West Indian Limes, something top-shelf)
2. ToBS (any of these!)
3. Speick
4. LEA
5. Proraso
6. Musgo Real
7. Tabac
8. La Toja
Truefitt and Hill, great product, one of my favorites and you can pair with their colognes.

At some point in your shaving experience, I suggest you try Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. It is a bit pricier than some you listed, but this cream has an excellent fragrance and is easy to lather (I face lather exclusively). An excellent product from a quality, though perhaps expensive, company.

I am actually going to order Lavanda next. What lavender splash pairs well with it? I know they make a cologne as well, but not an aftershave. What is in the same ballpark lavender scent?

Hopefully someone can chime in with a suggestion. My wife is highly sensitive to scents, so no a/s or colognes for me, just plain old witch hazel.

I find the Proraso, particularly the Red & Green to perform well above their price points. And the absolute slickest cream I've tried is The Body Shop, which only comes in Maca Root & Aloe. Interesting scent, but it's the performance that brings you back. - Super slick, nice cushion, and as easy as Proraso to lather into a VERY luxurious feeling lather.

Their AS Balm, or Water as they call it, is also top notch and leaves you face feeling moist all day. I grabbed the older looking container for like $5.00 a year ago, and I'll buy it again when the current tub is empty. (It's a cream, but comes in a Tub).

Top Bottom