What's new

Alaffia creams

I saw what appears to be a new line of shave creams from this vendor at Whole Foods yesterday.
I say new because when I visited the Alaffia website, there's nothing about the shave creams.
The line is rooted in West African products, notably shea butter...so it sounds promising.
I liked the varieties available too, and the price wasn't bad.
It's probably brushless -- the instructions didn't say either way -- but might just lather up.
When my Kiss My Face runs out, I may just try Alaffia.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I appreciate the "heads-up"....I was in WF the other day and I always look around for "shaving stuff", but aside from Thayers products, I can't seem to find stuff. I'll be on the look out for this.

Gents, I just received a tube of the Mandarin Breeze scent as a Valentine’s Day gift from my wife. She got it at Whole Foods. I was actually looking for more info on it as well (reviews, best way to lather, etc.) and stumbled upon this thread. I have one shave on the books with this one so far and I’ll provide my initial thoughts.

On the nose, nice citrus scent. It’s not overpowering; it’s just “there.” It does not lather like any other shaving soap or cream I’ve ever used (Stirling and Trumper are favorite brands of mine). I made a first attempt by applying directly from the tube to my damp brush and face lathering and the cream basically disappeared. I decided to wet my face again and apply it using my hands. While I wasn’t able to achieve the thick, soapy lather I normally strive for, this method did coat my entire face and neck adequately. That said, this is definitely a brushless cream.

The shave itself was great. Even though I had reservations about it given the thin lather, it performed well and remained slick. I re-lathered with my hands again for a second pass and got really nice touch-up results. What I really liked was the post-shave feeling. After rinsing and patting my face dry, my skin felt like I had applied a post-shave balm to it. It felt soft and moisturized. Even though I had shaved the previous day (I’m typically an every other day shaver) I got minimal irritation in the area where I always expect to get it when shaving on consecutive days - my lower neck/collar area. And even at that, while the slight redness was there, I didn’t actually feel any burn.

I don’t know that I’d keep this in my drawer as my daily driver simply because I prefer a thicker brush-based lather, but it’s definitely a great brushless product. I can see myself using this on days where I need to shave quickly and/or while traveling. Overall, it’s a solid product that gets a thumbs up from me.

I picked up a tube of the Rosemary Bergamot on sale yesterday. That scent sounded the most appealing to me.
Will report back when I try it.

So I finally got around to this recently. I was using up a bottle of Kiss My Face and it lasted quite a long time.

The stuff definitely doesn't lather, but it does smell good and leave the skin feeling nice.

Use a good dollop and a fair bit of water, then rub between the palms and spread on face.

Top Bottom