What's new

Finally, my brush is traveling in style

In the past I had a plastic tube with lid that my brush traveled in. There was one small hole in the top which did not do much to help it dry out. Then I saw this and had to have it. Yes, the brush can dry much better. For me though it is the aesthetic of the vegetable tanned leather - more visually and tactilely pleasing. Somehow for me it is more in tune with traditional shaving alongside a copper lather bowl when traveling, etc. It all just comes together.

It arrived today and here is the unveiling as well as a demo on how it functions and looks. Note that the interior is lined with exterior grade vinyl to protect the vegetable tanned leather from moisture. I had my choice of color of stitching whether black, white, light brown or red.

IMG_2716.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2719.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

IMG_2721.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s very nice - may I ask where would you buy something like that from?

One was actually made and donated to a contest here on B&B just a month or so ago. I saw it and sent a PM to the fellow who won it. He put me in touch with the leather maker who made it. There is no website but he does have an IG account which is below here. The one I have is a revised version (from the original) with the inside being exterior vinyl and it has a longer vegetable tanned leather leash. I believe he is modifying future orders in some other manner based on feedback. So future orders will incorporate amendments to make it even better.

My best guess is going forward something like this will cost about $50.00 but you would need to take that up with him. I have nothing but great things to say about the transaction - top rate fellow in my book. Rapid communication, fast shipping, hand written note inside. All the extras that make an artisan stand out. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Anyone have an email for Mr Sanchez?
I‘d like one of those, but don’t do facegram or instabook on the Interwebs.
(just Snapchat for videos of grandkids.)

I love mine that I won in the auction this year. It traveled to Europe & Florida so far & is perfect. It can take a variety of brush sizes & is a great addition to the shave kit. Highly recommended & the maker is a real gentleman to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom