What's new

OMG! Strong and Scottish!

Just got this today from Connaughts. Like nothing I’ve ever seen. (or smelled!) This soap is brown and hard as a carp! i haven’t shaved with it yet, but I did whip up some (brown) lather because I was so curious. Smells like BIG peat smoke. That’s all, just HUGE smoke...no scotch whisky fragrance that I could find. I’m going to get a flask of cheap scotch to add when I make lather! This will keep everyone out of your shave den...unless you’re a fireman, then you’d simply be aroused. Can’t wait to shave tomorrow!! Might even crank up the Variant to 11!

56FE4FE2-F852-4400-8D57-2E5DDC6CE6A8.jpeg

Meissner has some scents that sound pretty unusual, but might be good, like "Indian Flavor" and the Moroccan one. If I ever need shaving soap again, I'd like to try some.

I think there was one based on beer, not sure if they still have that, though.

Dark Limes is a pretty safe choice from this brand if someone likes citrus scents. It smells and performs really good.

I could only find Meisner at Connaughts. Tried the German site, seems they don’t ship to the US.
And yes, there’s a black beer scent.

Strong & Scottish is unlike anything else out there IMO. Strong FOR SURE smoky peaty scent perhaps not for everyone but if the description sounds like its in your wheelhouse then check it out!

Just got this today from Connaughts. Like nothing I’ve ever seen. (or smelled!) This soap is brown and hard as a carp! i haven’t shaved with it yet, but I did whip up some (brown) lather because I was so curious. Smells like BIG peat smoke. That’s all, just HUGE smoke...no scotch whisky fragrance that I could find. I’m going to get a flask of cheap scotch to add when I make lather! This will keep everyone out of your shave den...unless you’re a fireman, then you’d simply be aroused. Can’t wait to shave tomorrow!! Might even crank up the Variant to 11!

View attachment 1062508

Keep us posted (PLEASE)!! :popc: :popc:

English shaving company ships to USA for a modest fee.
I love these soaps and have used Strong and Scottish this week. Yes, more like a peat fire than whiskey.

These pucks last for ever! I face lather and this method of lathering never fails to make a lovely, creamy lather. Badger brush, chubby 3 soaked a few minutes, and a thin layer of warm water on the puck. Squeeze the water from the brush then let it soak up the water from the soap puck. Load away! Very easy to load and face lather for me. The more you work the lather on your face, the creamer and wonderful it becomes.
The scents are robust and distinctive! No irritation at all on my skin which can react to some cheaper soaps.
The menthol and Indian flavours are lovely soaps, a nice tingle on your skin.
Yes, the pucks are very hard. They can however be pressed a bit after a few shaves to fit containers.

Meant to say, the scents are described as 'flavours in some cases. They do taste nice if you ever get any in your mouth when lathering!

The pucks of meissner have a very good reputation. still have to get the lavender one. I had several as cream. But the cream does not work for me. Still smells are great so want a puck

if you like Smokey try to get razormaster toivo which is a pine tar scent reminds me of horses....
oh and they have more nice smells from razormaster

The pucks of meissner have a very good reputation. still have to get the lavender one. I had several as cream. But the cream does not work for me. Still smells are great so want a puck

if you like Smokey try to get razormaster toivo which is a pine tar scent reminds me of horses....
oh and they have more nice smells from razormaster
Bought the ginger and bergamot - Daichi

The puck of my hard soap hardly seems to go down, and this using a chubby 3. Has anyone used the soap continuously. I'd say it's as long lived as the legendary MdC.
The pastes,,like most creams and soft soaps seemed to last quite a bit less.

Top Bottom