What's new

Do you clean the wax off new blades?

I don’t except with Feathers. The glue seems extra goopy and is sometimes easier to clean it off the blade than it is from in between the posts on the cap of a 3 piece.

Generously dab some naphtha (if you’re not in the shop and don’t have any degreaser on hand gasoline should work too) onto a rag, and pinch the blade in it for a few seconds. It‘s now dissolved, just rinse.

:bayrum2:

I don’t except with Feathers. The glue seems extra goopy and is sometimes easier to clean it off the blade than it is from in between the posts on the cap of a 3 piece.

Generously dab some naphtha (if you’re not in the shop and don’t have any degreaser on hand gasoline should work too) onto a rag, and pinch the blade in it for a few seconds. It‘s now dissolved, just rinse.

:bayrum2:

Hilarious!

How about one of those little gas powered gadgets that Chefs use. Light 'er up, apply flame to blade, watch the wax just drip off! :thumbup:
Probably best not done when wife is nearby...they are strange creatures and will probably tell you that you are doing it wrong.
I never knew that there was a wrong way to put milk away in the fridge...until I got married.
Happy shaves guys...I'm now just bunging the blades in wax or not. I must mention that the 'Winner' blades have just the tiniest dots of wax I've ever seen. They shave nicely too.
Unlike my GSB which have great globs spread out all over the blade including across the edges.
I'm saving them for my brother who nicked my Super Speed over 40 years ago, and buggered off to Aussie with it.
A few years ago he mailed it back to me as it 'wasn't working now'.
Totally gunged up inside the handle. So bad that it was hard to turn the knob, but he kept on without cleaning it until it was worn out. I saved the doors! But the handle was worn through at the indent.

Hey guys,
I am just curious what's wrong with the wax? I didnt care about it so far

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

Honestly this is taking it too far :lol: I don't even notice glue, there is no residue on my razor and even if it was...my hard water mixed with shave soap leaves much more scum on razor than glue xD this just makes shaving more of a chore and mroedangerous since you have to handle blade more
B&B? More like OCD

Hey!
Stop tracking up my nice clean floor!
track2.jpg

Last edited:
When I buy my monthly 500pcs pack of random blades I take whole day from work. From 6am, I'm opening every single blade and carefully take down the wax with my nail. Then, with needle, scratch the wax under the fingernail to the container that has a sticker "bladewax". I'm using it for whole lot of stuff...waxing door rubbers on the car...waxing my legs and armpits...there is many many usages!!! I'm hoping that when I die, my kids will continue to fill the container, so it will be filled for generations and maybe, someday, will become so expensive that they will sell it through Sotheby's in London for large sum.
You need to think in advance!! Think of the children!!!

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I would not purchase blades with enormous wax dots. Too many good blades out there to bother with that.

I don't like to handle blades any more than necessary. I stick one in the razor and let the hot water take care of the wax.

Top Bottom