What's new

Shave Cream dilemma

Cella Crema de Barba Rapida is amazing of its type.

Comes in a 150g tube. Easy to squeeze out the right amount. No brush needed. Just rub it on. A brush can be used, though, if you prefer. It’s the slickest substance known to man or woman. Virtually no fragrance, maybe slightly floral-soapy. As a bonus, it leaves no soap scum in the sink.

Cella Crema de Barba Rapida is amazing of its type.

Comes in a 150g tube. Easy to squeeze out the right amount. No brush needed. Just rub it on. A brush can be used, though, if you prefer. It’s the slickest substance known to man or woman. Virtually no fragrance, maybe slightly floral-soapy. As a bonus, it leaves no soap scum in the sink.

Not Crema de Barba — Crema da Barba. Sorry

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Speick is one of my go to creams, lightly scented lavender/mint. Xpec unscented and Santa Maria Novella are both outstanding, but pricey.

... Also, neither of us are BIG fragrance people, so a light fragrance would be preferable. I'd sure appreciate any advice and direction, thank you!
Certainly NIVEA sensitive fits the bill, great performer all around and pretty good value.
Nearly no fragrance left over after rinsing.

I'll hop on the Proraso bandwagon, as well as Palmolive. While Proraso Red has a fairly strong Sandalwood scent, and Green absolutely smells of Eucalyptus, the White & Blue don't have much scent to them, at least not to my nose. (White if anything smells slightly like Noxzema if anything to me).

The Proraso in particular lathers easy, and bats well above it's price range. I paid under $7.00 for the last couple of tubes, with one being around $5.00 on eBay, including shipping. Used the Red the last couple of mornings, face lathering, and it lathers really easy. For your wife, a cheap, but large synthetic, while not required, might work really well. - Woman lather a much larger area then we do, and a cheap 26-30mm synthetic brush would make short work of lathering the Proraso on her legs. (Yes hand lathering works well, and I had a nice lather before taking the brush to my face this morning, but a small amount explodes into a huge amount of lather with a brush...she may never go back).

I turned my wife into using some of my less/unscented soaps, or those that were a bit feminine smelling, and she absolutely loves using the 24mm RazoRock synthetic brush on her legs. She was initially hesitant, until she tried it, and there's no way I could now take that brush from her.

Gillette Pure isn't bad, and I've found it in brick and mortar stores.

If lather isn't a must for you I'd also second the recommendation of the Cremo products. My wife has used it in the past when her favorite gel has run out.

Gillette Pure isn't bad, and I've found it in brick and mortar stores.

If lather isn't a must for you I'd also second the recommendation of the Cremo products. My wife has used it in the past when her favorite gel has run out.

Although Cremo can be used as a latherless cream, it reacts well with water. I add water and create a lather using a shaving brush. It is may go-to product for travel.

I have combination skin on my face, dry in some places, oily in others. Where my skin is dry (cheeks), soap tightens it. The main effect from this is tender skin come aftershave time. If I apply afterhave on my cheeks I tend to rinse or wipe it away to avoid the taut skin feeling. The rest of my face handles most soaps or creams fine, and aftershaves likewise.

Top Bottom