What's new

15 possible team names for Seattle's potential NHL franchise

Well, the sockeye would work but you'd need a real brawler on defense, lol:001_rolle
If you want to go with alliteration - The Skippers or Spinnaker could work :)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hey hockey fans...looks like
seattle-washington-jpg.820763
is 'realllly' hungry for hockey!
proxy.php

Ron Clements - Sporting News - MSN Sports - 1 Mar 18

"Seattle fans have spoken and they are hungry for hockey.

The city's potential new NHL arena will have a capacity of 17,500 people, but there were 25,000 deposits placed on season tickets Thursday — the first day of ticket availability. TSN reported it took just 12 minutes for fans to place
10,000 deposits.
Amazing.jpg

Because of the high demand — the website briefly crashed — season tickets will be prioritzed based on when the order was received. A portion of the 25,000 season tickets are expected to be partial-season tickets. TSN reported that 5,000 of the deposits were for club seats, which required $1,000 down.

"We're shellshocked," Oak View Group CEO Tim Leiweke, who along with film producer Jerry Bruckheimer is leading the drive to bring an NHL team to Seattle, told TSN. "Seattle has spoken. The fans in Seattle have made it a resounding vote, which is they are ready for the National Hockey League and they are counting on us to get the National Hockey League here".

Works Cited: Seattle smashes 10k goal for season tickets

proxy.php
"Emerald City Hockey...Game On"! CBJ

Last edited:
When will the NHL learn that the TV market for it's product is too small in the USA?

It's great for communities to have a NHL franchise, cities like Seattle will take to it and embrace it, but as a wider appeal to the US TV viewers it doesn't make one bit of difference.

The old XFL football league had higher TV ratings in the USA than the NHL and it folded pretty quickly. The Canadian market along with the rest of the original 6 is what traditionally holds up the NHL, with fleeting exceptions every few years of other markets which never take hold and last.

I love to see hockey expanding, but I don't think the NHL has been run by anyone who has cared about it's long term future for a very long time.

Sorry, rant over, go Seattle Raindrops (or how about bringing back the Golden Seals name?)!!!

I find prolonged periods of overcast weather to be a bit depressing, so I'm suggesting the Seattle Sadness. To be fair, New York hasn't been any better as of late.

I find prolonged periods of overcast weather to be a bit depressing, so I'm suggesting the Seattle Sadness. To be fair, New York hasn't been any better as of late.
I don’t know, you may have a conflict with that one - I believe the writer Jason Gay has already dubbed the NFL’s Redskins as the “Washington Sadness Machine” LOL.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Chickadees: Birds usually make for pretty good team names, so why not go with one of the more popular ones in Seattle? It gets its name from the sound it makes: Chick-a-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee.

Why did the Seattle hockey player trip and fall down?

... there was a Kraken the ice.

Top Bottom