What's new

Lapel Pins

It's possible to wear a masonic pin and not belonging to the respective "loggia"?

Anyone can wear a Masonic lapel pin or ring. But if you're not really a Freemason, sooner or later a real Freemason will figure it and expose you for being a Charlatan.

I'm a mason and wouldn't really take offense to a nonmason wearing some regalia, unless they were faking membership and doing something that would discredit us. A lot of people will wear their grandfather or father's stuff. Plus a lot of it is just vintage and cool.

Interesting point of view. I'm a Mason as well and have never actually met a non-mason wearing regalia. I guess that customs and traditions differ from region to region; where I'm from non-masons wearing their Father or Grandfather's regalia would be frowned upon.

I have a small box full of them, but rarely wear them for day to day use. It's more event based for special occasion where I would wear an organizational type of pin, weather a military association, historical society, etc.

They used to issue us one every five years at work, but now they've more like "Scram, already."

Besides those, I have a few. Don't wear them much, as I don't have much reason to wear a suit now. Have also repurposed them as tie tacks.

I have some that are very specific to an organization, and wear them rarely to organizational functions. Last time was a funeral.

otherwise, no.

I've gathered a few lapel pins over the years. Some were awards (Duke of Edinburgh award, athletic achievement, etc.), some are corporate or organizational (company, professional associations, etc.), some are from events (World Expos, Olympics, etc.), and some are so-called "awareness pins" (e.g. "Donate Blood" and other charity slogans).

The only one that I wear is for the professional association that I belong to. And, the only time that I wear it is at the annual conference.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1578677624854.png

I have a few different ones from the Royal British Legion for early November. Much better option than that "standard" Royal Canadian Legion stick-pin version ...

1578677807147.png

I have been in search of a new poppy lapel pin. I think I passed my enamel one, like you pictured, off to someone along the way but have yet to replace it.

Interesting point of view. I'm a Mason as well and have never actually met a non-mason wearing regalia. I guess that customs and traditions differ from region to region; where I'm from non-masons wearing their Father or Grandfather's regalia would be frowned upon.
I believe in the UK it would be frowned on period. Masonic jewelry I believe is not cool there and depending on your age most young people wouldn’t have a clue what it is anyway especially here in the USA. I can’t quote numbers but I think membership is in decline.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I rarely wear any now.

A cross for church, maybe.

My Past Master's for lodge, again, maybe.

But very rare lately.

I'm lucky to wear a sport coat and khakis now.

I’m a Freemason. Collecting lapel pins to us is like wetshavers collection razors and soaps [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m fortunate to have been gifted two. One is a small cross I wear during church chaplaincy visits. The other was hand made for me by a artisan who attends a bible study I help teach; it’s a small, silver, button sized pin that simply reads “Walk humbly” from Micah 6:8z

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m fortunate to have been gifted two. One is a small cross I wear during church chaplaincy visits. The other was hand made for me by a artisan who attends a bible study I help teach; it’s a small, silver, button sized pin that simply reads “Walk humbly” from Micah 6:8z
Both of those are awesome.

Top Bottom