What's new

FB

Been wet shaving for about 9 years now and finally tried my first FB that I purchased from a member on here. Can’t believe I’ve missed out as man this thing is nice. Had been coated by North Shore razors so not only does it look stunnin, but it’s shaves amazing. I haven’t tried it, but I’m guessing you can’t change the setting with the blade in there. Is it suggested to only turn setting with doors open and blade out or can you change setting with doors but and no blade in?

Been wet shaving for about 9 years now and finally tried my first FB that I purchased from a member on here. Can’t believe I’ve missed out as man this thing is nice. Had been coated by North Shore razors so not only does it look stunnin, but it’s shaves amazing. I haven’t tried it, but I’m guessing you can’t change the setting with the blade in there. Is it suggested to only turn setting with doors open and blade out or can you change setting with doors but and no blade in?
Someone whom I believe I trust said that you don't even have to ease up pressure on the cap … However, it makes me feel better to do that anyway. So I will open up the barn doors just a tiny bit and then change the setting. And then tighten it back down like the previous poster mentioned. There's no reason to remove the blade at all though.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Enjoy your razor. This was the first new razor I bought when I first started shaving many years ago. It is a great razor and with care will last many years. As the above post indicates, just loosen the dial and make whatever adjustments you want to make.

Alright thanks guys. Hope I’d dint mess it up now as when I got it, I adjusted the dial with the doors closed, but no blade in. Then noticed that you couldn’t adjust with a blade in so figured had to have the doors open and blade out. Hopefully I didn’t because man this thing shaves smooth when paired with the GSB.

R

romsitsa

Hello, it can be adjusted while fully closed, if it can’t, something is off. The only vintage adjustable that can’t be adjusted while closed is the Wizamet W11.

Adam

Top Bottom