What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 6th - January 12th, 2020

664DF3E1-3F37-485D-88AA-296D79ACB6D6.jpeg

I really enjoyed the Karve With the C SB plate last time out and wanted to try the OC plates this time. Today’s choice was the B OC. Loaded up with a fresh Gillette Nacet to give it a go with. I really like the look and feel of the Karve CB in brass with the 3” handle.

Grabbed my new $6 lathering bowl and dropped some Nivea shave cream into it to whip up a quick and easy lather. It’s affordable and it works really well. Clean scent and really only second to Gillette Pure when I travel.

The Karve B OC was a very comfortable shave over two passes and left me with a close BBS finish. The Nacets never disappoint and this razor has been phenomenal so far. Lots of plates still to try but the C SB and the B OC have been pretty stellar.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Nivea Protect & Care
Aftershave: Nivea Deep
Additional Care:
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

proxy.php

Felt like a lazy shave....kind of tired but needed it, didn't want to think about it. Plus it's nice to use the SLOC every few months and see how my technique is working out.

Going back a few years on the shave forums you'll see a ton of love on the Envy White knots, and it's nice to be reminded why. It's easy to get caught up in the newest/best/MOAST DENSEST/SHD stuff, and I'm as guilty of it as anyone...I have four of those, plus two of the TDR Fanchurians too. This knot isn't the densest thing out there, but it bloomed like crazy and it's SOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFT like a baby blankie.

Pretty sure I left this Gillette Platinum in there from the last time I used the SLOC and that was months ago, still sharp as a really sharp thing.

Excelsior isn't my favorite base out there but it's still awesome. I still really love this scent too, it's one of the best B&M has done for me.

10/10, sort of amazed. I'm not gonna say I could get this good of a shave using just anything, but it's nice to do it on 'budget' gear once in a while too.

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gillette NI Bostonian
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (D2)
Brush: ThatDarnRob Navy 24mm BOSS
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Mitchells’ Wool Fat
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande Toner

I really enjoyed the Karve With the C SB plate last time out and wanted to try the OC plates this time. Today’s choice was the B OC. Loaded up with a fresh Gillette Nacet to give it a go with. I really like the look and feel of the Karve CB in brass with the 3” handle.

Grabbed my new $6 lathering bowl and dropped some Nivea shave cream into it to whip up a quick and easy lather. It’s affordable and it works really well. Clean scent and really only second to Gillette Pure when I travel.

The Karve B OC was a very comfortable shave over two passes and left me with a close BBS finish. The Nacets never disappoint and this razor has been phenomenal so far. Lots of plates still to try but the C SB and the B OC have been pretty stellar.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Nivea Protect & Care
Aftershave: Nivea Deep
Additional Care:
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
We must have the same favorites for the Karve Razor. Mine are the SB C and Oc B plates as well. The OC C is great as well when I have 2+ days of growth. Great choices!

Date:- 07 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Sunflower Fields
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #10
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

This is just a scent and product that you cannot look at without actually using 😉😊 Just LOVE IT! :thumbup1:

Soap : Noble Otter – Thé Noir Et Vanille
SvdD : 07-01-2020
DSC_0213-02.jpeg

Razor : Rex – Ambassador
Blade : Rapira - Platinum Lux (4)
Brush : Razorock – Plissoft
Aftershave : Noble Otter – Thé Noir Et Vanille
Eau de Cologne : Thierry Mugler – Cologne

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Czech & Speake No 88
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Scent: Floris No 89

Three passes for very close shave. Enjoyed the newly acquired Shavemac brush very much.
WIth even the best blades, you occasionally get a less than optimal example. The vintage Personna SPC is my favourite blade, and normally buttery smooth, but this example is a smidgen rough, and hence I've binned it.

Tuesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: WSP Rustic Mahogany
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip-20mmx48mm
Aftershave: YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

WSP Rustic Mahogany today. 20 seconds to load the Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep in the vintage Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

Tuesday
Preshave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: Stone Cottage Leather & Smoke Shave Cream
Aftershave: Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Alum
Balm: AoS Unscented ASB

Top Bottom