What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

I feel that I can't handle the thing. It is so slippery when wet. And when I put it on the base, it sticks so hard I feel I'm going to break it. I see no instructions anywhere on how to use it.

How do you use it?

The PAA DOC is very mild because of its negative blade exposure. I'd rate the RR SLOC as medium aggressive and it is much more efficient. In this case the similar looks are misleading. The shaves you get from these razors are very different.

This is exactly what I'm finding. I tried the SLOC head first with RR's barber pole handle, and found it to be medium aggressive. I was actually good for a nick each time I used it. I just used the PAA DOC for the first time today. I thought my Merkur 15C was the mildest razor I had, but this is even milder. Three passes (which I usually don't do) and it's a good shave, but nowhere near as smooth as I get from every other razor I have. I used my usual Shark Super Chrome, and I think I'll try an Astra or Feather next time. But I should note that I tightened it all the way, and the PAA website cautions to not overtighten because they specifically mention it will all but eliminate the blade gap. So next time I'm only going to tighten until just snug and see how that does.

As others have noted these razors have nothing in common other than cosmetics of the cap. The SLOC is a very fine shaver in my book.

I got an SLOC & found it incapable of a close shave. I'd PIF it, but it would be an insult to the recipient. It's in a bag with a couple of other losers. Someday I'm bound to come across another head I can interchange parts with these to make something shavable, but for now, they're just taking up shelf space.

So I have to raise the question, why is there no stopper for my bottle of Atomic Age Bay Rum? Am I missing something here? and please don't respond with "yeah the stopper". This is not a knock on the product, and or the company, as I really do love the scent of my Atomic Age Bay Rum, and I think the splash its' self is incredible. Great Performance!!!!!! I just was a little myth-ed this morning when an amount of fluid made a bigger mess then what got into my hand so I could apply it too my face.

Anyone else wonder about why there is no stopper? or am I alone on this island?

So I have to raise the question, why is there no stopper for my bottle of Atomic Age Bay Rum? Am I missing something here? and please don't respond with "yeah the stopper". This is not a knock on the product, and or the company, as I really do love the scent of my Atomic Age Bay Rum, and I think the splash its' self is incredible. Great Performance!!!!!! I just was a little myth-ed this morning when an amount of fluid made a bigger mess then what got into my hand so I could apply it too my face.

Anyone else wonder about why there is no stopper? or am I alone on this island?

I am wondering if you question is "why is the hole so large on the Atomic Age Bay Rum bottle?" I am not sure what you mean by it needing a stopper. I would tend to agree with you that the hole on the bottle is ridiculously large and therefore too much aftershave pours out. It takes a very precise pour to not overdue it.

You mean "miffed", IOW peeved, irritated, annoyed. Well, I probably would feel the same way.

I think the manufacturer wants you to use the product generously. Maybe a stopper from another bottle would transfer over, or you could maybe use an atomizer.

Ooooor you could just put your finger partway over the opening to restrict the flow when pouring... that's what I do on lots of my splashes that don't have restrictors.

Understood on what I can do to restrict the flow, I just thought it was weird that there was no stopper. However the bottle is awesome and well done !

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, this kind of thing is irritating when it happens. I just put my palm over it and turn it upside down, and repeat as necessary.

I just received a Phoenix Ascension twist adjustable DOC razor yester and gave it a trial this morning. I had tried their previous DOC and found it too aggressive. THis one was rather smooth, not as smooth as the original Grand Shave King, but gave a close shave more quickly and with no irritation or nicks. The base and cap have a pronounced arch and the adjustment is by varying the amount of arch induced into the blade as you twist the handle tighter. There are no clicks. notches, idents, ect to indicate a level of adjustment, so the only problem I see is that there is no way to insure repeatability of a setting. As you tighten the handle and pull the cap down onto the blade tighter you can see the exposure and angle of the blade change.

I am on a total PAA Aftershave kick right now. Their interpretations/clones are sooooooo good! Loving the Clubguy, CAD, Alt-Eleven, Black Bot, Sun Down and more!

Any others that are a must for a frag-head like myself?

Is the opening on the AABR much larger than the holes on all their other A/S bottles? Because I have several others (not AABR) and they all have what I would say is the usual size opening for a splash bottle. No problem with them.

I am on a total PAA Aftershave kick right now. Their interpretations/clones are sooooooo good! Loving the Clubguy, CAD, Alt-Eleven, Black Bot, Sun Down and more!

Any others that are a must for a frag-head like myself?
Have you experienced Copalli? I’m very interested in it.

Top Bottom