What's new

Another SIG 365 Variant

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I don't have any snagging issues with my P365. But I could see that if you intended to pocket carry, which I'm not a fan of, the snag-less features of the SAS could possibly be of value.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'd just as soon they hadn't ported it.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm not a fan of ported short barrels. In a defensive situation, if you fire from a close retention position, those ports can send hot gas and powder fragments up into your face.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Interesting sight design though, isn't it? Looks like Sig has a bunch of Gen Yer's jacked up on mountain dew who are busy thinking outside the box on new designs and leaving the other gun makers behind eating their dust.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Interesting. "Almost" a gutter sight...kinda sorta.

I have a snaglless one I got as a pocket carry back-up to a duty weapon. A .40 DAO AMT Back-up. It's about 5 ounces heavier than the Sig though.

1573685447796.png

1573685500507.png

Yeah, I'm not a fan of ported short barrels. In a defensive situation, if you fire from a close retention position, those ports can send hot gas and powder fragments up into your face.
Precisely my thinking. I got a demo of what the muzzle and cylinder can do to pants leg material last summer, hot gas isn't something to underestimate.

Interesting sight design though, isn't it? Looks like Sig has a bunch of Gen Yer's jacked up on mountain dew who are busy thinking outside the box on new designs and leaving the other gun makers behind eating their dust.
Well...
They're definitely jacked up.

Interesting. "Almost" a gutter sight...kinda sorta.

I have a snaglless one I got as a pocket carry back-up to a duty weapon. A .40 DAO AMT Back-up. It's about 5 ounces heavier than the Sig though...

I had a friend who had the .45 version. It took two men & a mule to pull the trigger.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I had a friend who had the .45 version. It took two men & a mule to pull the trigger.

You gots that right. A co-worker had the .45 version and it was on a bigger frame than the .40, but the trigger pull on both was horrible. The .40 is on the .380 frame, and is a bit smaller than the baby Glock.

I clipped a couple of coils off the mainspring (which they say your not supposed to do as the mainspring affects the function) but it lightened the pull and I haven't had a bit of problem with function in more than two decades. Trigger pull is reasonable now...I like it. SWMBO can shoot it better than I can at 7 yards.

I hid it in the safe, unloaded, so she can't get her hands on it when she is mad.

YMMV. Don't try this at home, kids.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You gots that right. A co-worker had the .45 version and it was on a bigger frame than the .40, but the trigger pull on both was horrible. The .40 is on the .380 frame, and is a bit smaller than the baby Glock.

I clipped a couple of coils off the mainspring (which they say your not supposed to do as the mainspring affects the function) but it lightened the pull and I haven't had a bit of problem with function in more than two decades. Trigger pull is reasonable now...I like it. SWMBO can shoot it better than I can at 7 yards.

I hid it in the safe, unloaded, so she can't get her hands on it when she is mad.

YMMV. Don't try this at home, kids.

Desperate situations call for desperate measures. :)

Top Bottom