What's new

Gillette Guard?

Two main things that I like: As a test, I didn't shave for eight days, and got a wonderful shave with the Guard with no trimming beforehand. No clogging! When I got it, I bought a few packages with the handle as back ups, more than two years in.., same handle!
Thanks, I read many forums that mention it’s a great shave with no clogging! I love the single blade comb design too. Can’t wait to give it a try.

I usually order Gillette guard carts in bulk on Amazon which also come from India and they usually take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to arrive in the US. I also like to throw a few packs on any order from maggard, wcs, ib, etc to tip the edge to free shipping.
Yeah I love how cheap it is. Great if you have to shave every morning. I’ll be buying them in bulk eventually too. Excited to add them to my routine, I prefer one blades like the Bic Sensitive.

Yes. I have had good experiences using eBay to bulk buy shaving supplies. Some great deals and I like the extra level of reassurance because you can check the sellers’ reputations first. Delivery time to the UK is usually not too bad - not sure about delivery times to other countries.
I just made my first EBay purchase too. I got Gillette and Old Spice shave creams along with the Gillette shave brush, straight from India, for a very cheap price. Excited for it to arrive.

I was shocked by how good it is. The Gillette Guard is great for people like me who want a decent, quick shave with a single blade. Not quite BBS smooth, but more than close enough if you have sensitive skin. It is very light and feels insubstantial in the hand but it just works! I was intrigued by it and finally bit the bullet about two months ago. Very impressed with it and I have tried literally dozens of blades/razors over the years. Buy direct from India in bulk for the best prices!
Yes, I will most definitely buy it in bulk. Can’t wait to include it in my routine. Handy for daily shaving and you can’t beat the one blade, open comb system that doesn’t clog. Thanks for the review.

The Guard is OK but I don't care for the way it pivots, it requires a bit of pressure to hold it against your face as the natural tendency for the cartridge is to flop around alot. As has been said, it's really meant for a very specialized kind of shaving with minimal water and poor lubrication.

But I'm still happy Gillette made this razor, it's a real innovation and many people have a place in their rotation or use it as a travel razor. It also makes an effective, inexpensive body shaver.

The Guard is OK but I don't care for the way it pivots, it requires a bit of pressure to hold it against your face as the natural tendency for the cartridge is to flop around alot. As has been said, it's really meant for a very specialized kind of shaving with minimal water and poor lubrication.

But I'm still happy Gillette made this razor, it's a real innovation and many people have a place in their rotation or use it as a travel razor. It also makes an effective, inexpensive body shaver.
I prefer DE razors but of all the disposable razors I have used, the Bic Sensitive is by far my favorite. I love the single blade. The Gillette Guard looks better since it doesn’t clog, it pivots and has the beautiful comb design. Will definitely add it to my routine for times when I’m in a rush. Plus, it’s always nice to have a Gillette product 😊

I use it as my travel razor. Works great for the price. No complaints, no clogging and it doesn't fall apart when shaving for me at least.

I use it as my travel razor. Works great for the price. No complaints, no clogging and it doesn't fall apart when shaving for me at least.
Thanks for the review. I’m glad it doesn’t clog although I shave pretty regularly so it doesn’t affect me as much. I’m just really attracted to the comb and pivoting head design and just the fact it’s a Gillette. Other than DE’a is the use the single blade Bic Sensitive, but will be adding the Guard to the rotation soon too.

Top Bottom