What's new

Nothing too important ..... just simple happiness.

Hard week at the office last week, and another difficult week coming up , .....
but the simple happiness of our wonderful shaving hobby is always a cheerful time.
This evening's shave was very traditional ----- Proraso Green pre-shave slowly massaged
into a three day growth (haven't shaved since Thursday evening) after a hot water face wash.
Proraso Green cream luxuriously bowl lathered and happily applied with my Simpsons Colonel X2L,
and three smooth easy passes with my Timeless Bronze SB and a fresh Feather blade. The result ? ---
soft, supple, BBS bliss with zero irritation. Ahhhhh --- a beautiful sublime experience. Well worth sharing !

There is a Zen to it. No matter how poorly all else goes, this one thing I can execute well. Better than any other man I work with or for.

I am trying to talk myself out of a timeless , since I love straights so much. But when I needed, Good music with a beer cracked open and a slow shave was perfect for a rough work week. Take care.

I am trying to talk myself out of a timeless , since I love straights so much. But when I needed, Good music with a beer cracked open and a slow shave was perfect for a rough work week. Take care.

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I have to continuously talk myself out of straights, hones, and strops. And the insidious notion of putting razor edges on my EDC pocket knives as a "dual use technology".

Tonight's music was Sonny Rollins "The Bridge," and instead of a beer, it was a well aged Napa Cabernet.

Hard week at the office last week, and another difficult week coming up , .....
but the simple happiness of our wonderful shaving hobby is always a cheerful time.
This evening's shave was very traditional ----- Proraso Green pre-shave slowly massaged
into a three day growth (haven't shaved since Thursday evening) after a hot water face wash.
Proraso Green cream luxuriously bowl lathered and happily applied with my Simpsons Colonel X2L,
and three smooth easy passes with my Timeless Bronze SB and a fresh Feather blade. The result ? ---
soft, supple, BBS bliss with zero irritation. Ahhhhh --- a beautiful sublime experience. Well worth sharing !

LOVELY!! Escape from the world!! :a14: :a14: :a14:

You are quite right @Adam18, it is indeed the simple pleasures in life we should enjoy. It's nice to hear of you taking a pause to enjoy your shave. We have much in our life that commands our attention, yet we should control what commands our focus & state of mind.

Take the angels with you and leave the devils behind. Time is fleeting, and these lamentable days will soon be past. Hang in there!

Top Bottom