What's new

Timeless Razor Definently Worth It

Just got my first shave it with my new Timeless Razor. I was hesitant to buy but figured since I shave daily and I wanted a stainless razor I should give it a try. I picked up a .68 gap open comb, smooth cap ( might buy the scalloped later but thought the scalloped cap with dimpled handle looked too busy), dimpled handle with stand, all polished. $280 sounded a bit steep for a razor but it is beautiful and excellent craftmanship. The blade lockup/position is perfect and tight. After the first stroke of the razor, I was totally over the cost, totally worth it. I can't see myself buying another razor again. Super smooth shave and in two passes it was a much closer and smoother shave than my Fatip piccolo. I had a hard time deciding between the .95 & .68, glad I went with the .68 but will probably pick up the .95 base at some point. If you are on the fence about spending almost $300 for a Timeless razor, pull the trigger totally worth it.

Attachments

• 20191116_125705.jpg
    20191116_125705.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • 20191117_111722.jpg
    20191117_111722.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
Congrats on joining the Timeless club. I love my Timeless razors. Most comfortable shave while achieving a great close shave.

I have the .95 open comb with the scalloped head. I prefer the scalloped as it leaves a bit of soap behind between strokes which I like as I can do a bit of touch ups during my passes. Just got a dual comb (Open/Bar) .95 and am liking forward to using it soon.

Once you buy a Timeless you start feeling which razors now have to leave the den as you won’t be using the previous ones as often.

Congrats again on your Timeless.....she’s a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done that man! That's a great razor.
I have the same setup (polished stainless is the way to go).
Bought a new stainless Karve recently, but it won't replace the Timeless.
I too think that I will get the .95 OC base (I had one but sold it, now I want it back).
Yes, very well made and worth the 'cost of entry'.

Ive got the same razor but with the straight bar and smooth top cap. I started out with the .68 plate and later purchased the .91. I like how comfortable the .68 is but the .91 is more efficient (although I tend to nick myself with the .91).
Timeless makes a really good razor no matter which combination you pick though. If I were to go back and do it all over again, I would have a hard time talking mysef into buying something other than a Timeless.

Welcome to the Timeless Club! I have the Matte Ti .68SB with the smooth cap, the Bronze .38SB and the Aluminum. I sold my SS .68SB and SS .95SB as to me they were just too heavy and the .95 was too aggressive for my skin. Will say though you cannot go wrong with a Timeless as Earl_Grey said above “Timeless really is a experience on a whole other level”.

Congrats on joining the Timeless club. I love my Timeless razors. Most comfortable shave while achieving a great close shave.

I have the .95 open comb with the scalloped head. I prefer the scalloped as it leaves a bit of soap behind between strokes which I like as I can do a bit of touch ups during my passes. Just got a dual comb (Open/Bar) .95 and am liking forward to using it soon.

Once you buy a Timeless you start feeling which razors now have to leave the den as you won’t be using the previous ones as often.

Congrats again on your Timeless.....she’s a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the .95 scalloped plate because I wanted something just a tad more efficient than the straight bar and I probably was afraid of the OC. Do you think the OC would add slightly more efficiency but yet still be nearly as smooth? I added an OC to my Rockwell GC .84 and really like it. Now trusting OCs a little more, I was hoping that going to the OC on the Timeless would maybe end my RAD as I really, really like my Timeless.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Congrats indeed. The 68 oc is my daily and i keep returning to it after using something else. The only problem is i think i need the other baseplate maybe sb and well the titanium looks so good.....

Congratulations jwl79 ! It seems as if you've entered a very happy place.
My Timeless Bronze SB is one of my favorite razors (especially with a Feather.)
I have no doubt that you're going to love your new razor. Enjoy !!!!!

+1 Welcome to the Timeless Club! Very nice setup! I’m sure you will enjoy the Timeless for Many many years. I have 3 plates for my Titanium Timeless—the .95SB, .95Oc, and the .68Sb. I enjoy all 3 immensely and had awesome shaves with it. I feel that alot of thought was put into the Timeless and it shaves as good as it looks. The first plate I had was the .95 Sb Ti, and it quickly became my gold standard for a razor. It’s an incredibly efficient razor (.95sb or oc) with just the perfect combination of smoothness and efficiency. The guys at Timeless got this razor right!! Now I just wish they came out with a higher gap like 1.05 or 1.15 etc.. Enjoy your sweet razor!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Welcome indeed!

Love my Ti68 scalloped/smooth top.

.68 is for daily driving ... meaner razors are for weekend or stunt-shaving!

AA

Top Bottom