Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
It doesn’t get any better than that.
Enjoy the “me” time.

Leave the seat up
Don’t make the bed
Walk around the house in my skivvies

I’m good For about 2 days and then I go nuts without my wife.

I entered my first BBQ competition over the weekend. It was at our church, and while not a huge affair, there was some great competition and good times. I knew everyone else would be doing the normal briskets, pork butts and ribs, so I went in a different direction with pork belly bacon burnt ends smoked over apple wood. The "Pig Candy" came out perfect, and I took 1st place!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In an ideal world, they would hand out burnt ends and Shiner Bocks to adult trick or treaters.
Trick or Beer was a big player for the adults in my neighborhood when my kids were younger and accompanied by me and the lovely Mrs. Camjr.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I did a brisket cook over the weekend. Whenever I cook brisket, I separate the point and flat after it's done. The point goes in the freezer (the flat might get eaten or frozen). At the next brisket cook, the flat comes back out and goes back on the pot for a few hours before then moving on to becoming chopped beef or burnt ends. It's a nice cycle.

I only remembered to take a couple of pics. This one is a point all cut up and about to go on for burnt ends.
20191113_105744.jpg

The only other one was off some true burnt ends. For those who don't know, the original "burnt ends" were those tasty bites that came off during slicing or chopping a brisket. Typically, they were a cook's treat or reserved for a guest of honor. It's only been fairly recently (when the BBQ boom started) that more than a few folks started cooking "burnt ends" by cutting up and cooking a larger cut. Here is what real burnt ends look like.

20191110_163207.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just a few more minute and we will be having USDA Prime aged rib eyes. I love HEB grocery stores.

Top Bottom