What's new

RR Project Unlabelled

I haven’t seen any reviews of the Razorock’s new offering called “Project Unlabelled”. I won’t get into the details about why there’s no label, but you can check out their website if you’re interested I guess. Description shows as a new “Tallow and Clay” combination and is fougere scent inspired by something called “1881 Men by Cerutti”. There’s also a matching aftershave which is apparently quite strong in scent, almost cologne like. For kicks I went ahead and ordered both. Anyone had a chance to use this yet? Packaging looks the same as their Dead Sea and Santa Maria del Fiore.

proxy.php

I'm curious as I saw that on their website, I have several RR soaps that are good and their tallow
soaps are really good, I enjoy them all. Let us know how you like the "unlabeled"

I tried both this morning. Sadly I can't really do a full bore review as I was in a hurry this morning, but the soap was very good quality. I'd say it's somewhere between the "black jar" RR offerings and the Dead Sea base (which is IMO still superior). I've never used or even smelled 1881 Men by Cerruti, but it's a very agreeable scent to me.

Received the unlabelled the mail today. It’s getting cold here in Winnipeg, so the scent was a little “meh” when I opened the package. It was sitting outside all day. It’s had about an hour to warm up and I have to say I really like the scent profile.

When someone says “It smells like a million bucks”. This is the scent I would associate with that phrase.

This is the scent I’ve been looking for. When I think of a masculine fresh scent, this hits the nail right on the head. (And I’m just referring to the soap at this time). I’ve smelled this scent before and it took me a while but I think I’ve got it.

I don’t like powdery scents but this has a hint of it somewhere in the mix..barely, which is great (to me). More of a leathery body with a muted citrus undertone.

I know the description is Cerutti 1881 Men. I don’t have a clue what that is, but this stuff is in the same house as GFT Spanish leather, but a bit bolder. The aftershave scent pairs incredibly well out of the bottle, I can tell that you’ll want to go easy on this stuff...its strong. Again, not a bad thing IMO. For the first time this doesn’t strike me as a seasonal scent or just a date night scent. This is an all rounder. I don’t think it would be something I’d use when just sitting around the house but to each their own. I’d say it’s perfect for any activity from a date with the Mrs. to sitting in the patio having a beverage with friends, to a stroll through the park during the autumn. I think anyone using this will be in for a lot of compliments. Just go easy on the aftershave.

I’ll have to wait until the next shave to take this stuff for a spin.

Hope that description helps.

Brad.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Had my first shave this morning with the unlabelled. I found it very easy to lather with a boar brush. The scent while shaving is a bit more complex than first thought. Yesterday I was sold on GFT Spanish leather type scent. Today it’s more of a layered scent. Still leathery, still mildly cologne-y. I could catch a whiff of the clay every now and then.

The shave itself was really nice. No razor drag, no drying half way through the shave, just a great lather and performance. It’s a bit early but I’m going to keep using this throughout the month and see what else I notice.

Brad.

I know that 250ml of soap will last forever, but I really just don’t need that much. A regular 4oz jar lasts plenty long for me in rotation with other soaps, I just know I’d never make it anywhere through 2.5x that much so the per ounce ‘value’ is pretty irrelevant. I feel like if they’re really beta testing a new formula to see what people think, a 2oz offering would be better.
That’s just me of course ;-)

Finally got to try the soap. I thought it lathered and shaved wonderfully. Pretty effortless. Felt invincible with my open comb blackbird.

The scent otoh, is not my bag. I can’t stand this scent. Reminds me of fine green vetiver

Re post shave. I feel like the clay leaves an anti oily layer of powder on my face post shave. It kind of feels awesome since I have oily skin, but it’s also 15 degrees out today, and this dryness doesn’t feel great at this time.

unfortunately the scent is going to be a dealbreaker for me on this one. It makes me feel physically nauseous

Yikes! That’s unfortunate. I really like the scent, and as you’ve mentioned the performance is fantastic. Sorry it didn’t work out for you.

Finally got to try the soap. I thought it lathered and shaved wonderfully. Pretty effortless. Felt invincible with my open comb blackbird.

The scent otoh, is not my bag. I can’t stand this scent. Reminds me of fine green vetiver

Re post shave. I feel like the clay leaves an anti oily layer of powder on my face post shave. It kind of feels awesome since I have oily skin, but it’s also 15 degrees out today, and this dryness doesn’t feel great at this time.

unfortunately the scent is going to be a dealbreaker for me on this one. It makes me feel physically nauseous
your description just killed my desire to try it. I've got the Fine Green Vetiver and, although I love the smell in the bottle, it's dry down makes me smell like vegetable soup.

your description just killed my desire to try it. I've got the Fine Green Vetiver and, although I love the smell in the bottle, it's dry down makes me smell like vegetable soup.

Don’t know if this helps, but the website says the scent is “Fougere inspired”. So, it’s not Vetiver. Definitely doesn’t dry down to a vegetable soup smell, IMO that is.

Don’t know if this helps, but the website says the scent is “Fougere inspired”. So, it’s not Vetiver. Definitely doesn’t dry down to a vegetable soup smell, IMO that is.
Fine Green Vetiver probably doesn't smell that way on everyone. Clubman Bay Rum also makes me smell like baked ham. Those are two scents I don't wear anymore.

I’m not arguing with what you’re saying, but I’m very familiar with fougere scents, and this doesn’t really strike me as one. Fwiw, vetiver is listed on the Cerutti 1881 scent profile at fragrantica. I’m thinking I just don’t like straight vetiver.

I’m not arguing with what you’re saying, but I’m very familiar with fougere scents, and this doesn’t really strike me as one. Fwiw, vetiver is listed on the Cerutti 1881 scent profile at fragrantica. I’m thinking I just don’t like straight vetiver.

Totally understand. What’s weird is I’m the opposite. I don’t get along with fougere scents, but vetiver I do. So, maybe you’re on to something. I like this scent quite a bit for what it is. I would actually wager it is more vetiver than fougere.

Was curious about this "Unlabeled" combo but the scent doesnt sound like something in my wheelhouse. Wonder how this formula differs from other RR soap bases.

Top Bottom