What's new

Tobacquisitions- November 2019

KBV Jupiter Slices and Jupiter Slices XO.

proxy.php

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Got the tobacco a few weeks ago. Received the pipe yesterday and smoked the tobacco in the pipe last night. It’s a great combo.
92AB78E7-EEC1-46B4-81C3-7C839A55E979.jpeg

626308AD-0145-43B1-B715-5611394916C8.jpeg

Well, I thought that I would’ve enjoyed this. Turns out that I really don’t like it at all. I’ll let it sit for ten years see if it gets better.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
View attachment 1033223
Well, I thought that I would’ve enjoyed this. Turns out that I really don’t like it at all. I’ll let it sit for ten years see if it gets better.

I think you won’t have to wait that long. 3-6 months in a jar will do wonders. Did it seem bland? On the last batch of Red Flake it didn’t have the Va notes I was expecting either. Seemed dry as well.

I think you won’t have to wait that long. 3-6 months in a jar will do wonders. Did it seem bland? On the last batch of Red Flake it didn’t have the Va notes I was expecting either. Seemed dry as well.
It kinda seemed like sucking on an ashtray. Totally different from my normal Newminster Superior Round Slices, LBF, LNF, etc. Maybe I’m just not partial to the Red Virginia. Not really fond of Haunted Bookshop or Bayou Morning either. (Love my Latakia and English blends). I’m sure it’s just me as these tobaccos all have great reviews. We’ll try it again with some age and keep our fingers crossed.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It kinda seemed like sucking on an ashtray. Totally different from my normal Newminster Superior Round Slices, LBF, LNF, etc. Maybe I’m just not partial to the Red Virginia. Not really fond of Haunted Bookshop or Bayou Morning either. (Love my Latakia and English blends). I’m sure it’s just me as these tobaccos all have great reviews. We’ll try it again with some age and keep our fingers crossed.

Straight VA blends will definitely benefit from aging. Also, keep in mind that VAs need to be smoked cool in order to maintain the best smoke. It's easy to puff too hard and/or fast so that it taints and ruins the flavor of VAs. I'd say jar it up, and crack it open again in a year or two.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
And I've said it before, but C&D ships their tobacco VERY young. Other companies age the leaf before blending, and C&D does that a bit but not as much. You really should let anything from C&D sit for a while before enjoying. C&D openly admits this when you get chatting with their folks, and there's nothing wrong with doing it that way. Just know that their virginias especially need some time in the time. And, their tobaccos are on the drier side.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I love that it says inside "Work of Art Especial"

Having just finished my last Short Story I'm looking forward to these. It is almost mind bending how these look exactly like the Short Stories . . . everything is in the same proportion.

Work of Art.jpg

Top Bottom