What's new

A New Gillette DE?

883994D9-D514-4250-877C-8D359EEFDDE8.png
883994D9-D514-4250-877C-8D359EEFDDE8.png

Lots for you to catch up on...

Mantic59 has been all over this for a few weeks. He made some of the early announcements of the telease via his Twitter. He already has a pre-release razor and has done some reviews. Go there to check it out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even made by Gillette - just more Chinese Zamak junk. If you want a better quality razor that mirrors an actual Gillette razor, get the Replitech (not made by Gillette, either).

Not even made by Gillette - just more Chinese Zamak junk. If you want a better quality razor that mirrors an actual Gillette razor, get the Replitech (not made by Gillette, either).

An actual tech is probably cheaper, and is actually a tech.
I don't really understand this razor at all.
Unless someone insists on buying new, i guess.
It seems like a solution to a non-existent problem.

Last edited:

The replitech has a stainless handle but the head is zamak. It does look well made.

To me it's a pretty sweet looking razor. And pretty cool that gillette decided to sell a DE again even in a limited fashion. But I don't like it quite enough to pull the trigger.

I mentioned this on another thread but I ordered one for 2 reasons. The threads aren’t zamack on the R89 like my EJ (currently shelved due to thread rot) and the new Gillette box. Always liked my EJ minus the thread issue and can use it again. Who knows? Might like the balance with the Heritage’s handle better.

Also can use that box for my Old Type.

This is simply Gillette testing the market to gauge interest in a safe way without too much investment. If it does well, I think we might see smaller runs of an actual Gillette design, probably a Tech in the future. Don’t think they want to mess around with TTOs nor are they going to release an aggressive razor.

I think gillette knows they could sell a bunch of these if they were solid brass like the old techs were reasonably priced and if they put them everywhere that they sell their cartridge razors.

I don't think it happens anytime soon because they are afraid of it cutting into their highly profitable cart market. But if they (gillette) continue to lose market share who knows?

Just got an Amazon update for receipt of the Heritage on November 13th. Looking forward to trying that handle. Looks a lot grippier than my EJ handle, the question will be the balance. Already familiar with the shave. Can’t go wrong with a sharp blade like a Yellow, Lab Blue or Kai with that head.

Debating on trying the Platinums that come with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom