What's new

What are your favorite blades for your Game Changers?

I know that there has been some discussion about this recently and that there was a thread dedicated to this question a few years back. But I figured with so many people buying Game Changers it was time to resurrect the question. I will start.

I have a GC68P and a GC84P, and I am getting a lot of love from Gillette 7 O’clock Super Platinums (Black) with the 68 and RPLs with the 84.

I am still experimenting with other blades and I plan to buy an OC base plate when they are back in stock. And I would describe myself as pretty obsessed with my GCs :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried GWS Saloon pack and Shark SS with my GC68. I did not like the GWS as it dragged and Shark SS was a bit bitey. I'm still figuring out the right combination for my GC.

So far it’s only been Personna Lab Blues and Med Preps for me in my .84 safety bar. The Lab Blues have been performing awesomely. I really don’t see a need to try anything else.

I find an Astra SP works well with the GC 68 and 84 SB.

My experience with a Feather blade drew blood.

For me, Nacet works the best. Gillette Silver Blues and Voskhods work nicely for me too. I don't think I've tried a Shark yet but they're typically okay for me.

What’s your favorite blade? Throw it in the GC and go! It’s not a finicky razor whose performance requires a specific brand of blade.

In my .84 safety bar I've mostly been using Gillette Platinums, a truly great combination. I've also used Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (yellow) and GSB's. I suspect that this razor works well with any blade.

I have also gotten good results using Astra Superior Stainless with the GC68 and Dorco ST301 with the GC84. This evening I tried a Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green) with the GC84 with one day of growth. Was pretty aggressive. Next time I will save this combination for two days of growth.

I’ve been getting excellent results with everything I’ve put in my GC, but I’m partial to the Personna lab blues.

Rapira platinum lux and Nacets seem to work great for me. I have been trying others but always return back to the Rapiras and Nacets which I know work well.

In my .84 safety bar I've mostly been using Gillette Platinums, a truly great combination. I've also used Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (yellow) and GSB's. I suspect that this razor works well with any blade.

I used a Gillette platinum last couple of shaves, and it was excellent. Nacet, excellent. Also got 7 great shaves from a feather, which I dumped only because I wanted to try other blades... I'm also coming to the conclusion the gc 84 performs well with a wide range of blades. Which may mean blade life becomes a distinguishing feature. The nacet only made it a couple of shaves. Feather kept going. But lots more blades to try before picking my favourite!

I have the JAWS OC and have used Persona Platinums, Polsilver SI, Feather, Wilkinson Sword Black (Germany), Voskhod, Rapira, Nacet and Astra SP blades in mine.

The only blade i didnt like at all was the Voskhod's.

My favorite blades when i want sharp are the Wilkinson Sword and feathers, when i want a combo of reasonably sharp but smooth the Polsilver SIs and when i just want super smooth without the extra sharpness i liked the Rapira.

The so-so blades were the nacets and Astra sp

In my GC .68 I use Feather (favorite), Gillette Silver Blue and Astra SP. But those are the only blade that I use now.

I probably use the GC/Feather combo for 75 percent of my shaves these days

Top Bottom