What's new

What Tobacco Are You Trying For The First Time?

Peterson Irish Flake.

Delicious, strong, definitely not an all-day blend. I find it very interesting that it has this dark leathery taste and no latakia. I'll add a tin for the stash on the next order.

PS dutch cavendish, I got in a trade. Few bowls now, ribbon cut, pretty mild, could be an all day smoke. It has at least a year on it. It is mild..

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
PH Curly Block. Yeah, it’s real good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Trying SPC Mississippi River Special Reserve.

Cant say i care too much for it. I find it a bit sweet and salt. I dont really pick up any notes of latakia. I think i prefer Plum Pudding over this.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So im trying Dunhill Early Morning Pipe for the first time. Little story behind this one, its over 10 years old. I had jumpe head first into pipes about 10 years ago and had to ditch them for a spell, but the tobacco remains.

The tobacco is nice and mild. The latakia comes through in the mouth, but not in the smoke if that makes sense.

Interesting to see the peterson version.

Nightcap seems to be much more popular than the early morning pipe. Ill have to source some of that.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Dan Tobacco Independance. A Latakia Aromatic. The 2.0 stars on Tobacco Review may be a little harsh, but I still don’t like Latakia. It burned well, and the tasted good, but the aroma of Latakia reminds me of feet.

Dan Tobacco Independance. A Latakia Aromatic. The 2.0 stars on Tobacco Review may be a little harsh, but I still don’t like Latakia. It burned well, and the tasted good, but the aroma of Latakia reminds me of feet.
Mmmm. Smokey, leathery feet.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

I’ll send you some HH Latakia Flake. Maybe the pressing and addition of Va, Orientals and Burley will distract you from the toe-jammy Latakia.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Opened a 2 year old tin of Escudo and tried for the first time. Tin note overwhelmed with the great smell of raisins.

Only folded and stuffed a single coin to try out. Opening light was very spicy and peppery with strong perique, but surprisingly settled down very quickly into a really nice and really smooth and mellow smoke.

The coin burned all the way down to ash. Nice. At first light I was like “meh” on this legendary tobacco, but by the end of the bowl, I think I did enjoy it more than some 2 year old Peter Stokkebye LBF and some 7 year old Dunhill DNR I have.

So yeah, Escudo is pretty good stuff. :)

St. Bruno

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It's got a savory quality to it that I wasn't expecting and a stewed fruit/mincemeat thing going on. And contrary to what I've read, none of the flavorings are overwhelming at all. Perhaps things will change with more smoking, but for now St. Bruno gets my stamp of ambivalence. :confused:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Sutliff 515. It is reported as a red Virginia. Smokes more like a bright, very tangy and citrusy, a little grass hay undertone. Very nice and reasonably priced. I’ve never smoked 5100 so I can’t compare.

Have some Semois coming today...hopefully I’ll break out out this week while the weather is beautiful here in Colorado!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Im giving MATCH Revelation a try. Supposedly Revelation was the tobacco Einstein favored. Description from P&C.

This is a match to House of Windsor Revelation. The original was one of Albert Einstein's favorites, and this blend captures the essential character of the old classic, combining yellow and red Virginias, nutty cube-cut Burley, smoky Latakia and zesty Perique with a soft, dark fruit top note to create an distinctly old fashioned flavor and room note. Fans of the original will find MATCH - Revelation to be a fine substitute.

Im giving MATCH Revelation a try. Supposedly Revelation was the tobacco Einstein favored. Description from P&C.

This is a match to House of Windsor Revelation. The original was one of Albert Einstein's favorites, and this blend captures the essential character of the old classic, combining yellow and red Virginias, nutty cube-cut Burley, smoky Latakia and zesty Perique with a soft, dark fruit top note to create an distinctly old fashioned flavor and room note. Fans of the original will find MATCH - Revelation to be a fine substitute.
From my eldest pipe smoking friend who enjoyed Revelation exclusively until he could no longer it- nothing comes close.

But hopefully you enjoy it!

His go to now is C&D Three Friars or CD London Squire.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
C&D Epiphany is another clone of Revelation. I like it quite a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom