What's new

Texas Red Chili Recipe

I just saw a local grocery chain ad advising to stock up for the fall soup season. They pictured a bowl of chili with black beans (normal for me) and corn. Corn?! I've never heard of that. Does anyone here put corn in their chili? Now I'm kind of curious to try it.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If I waited for it to be cold before I ate a bowl of Red I would never get to eat any. It doesn't have to be chilly to eat chili.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If I waited for it to be cold before I ate a bowl of Red I would never get to eat any. It doesn't have to be chilly to eat chili.
Yep- it is chili weather for (maybe) 2 months a year here. On the flip side, I always laugh at the Kingsford commercial that proclaims “it’s grilling season”. It is grilling season year round down here. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sometimes. It's a nickname for my shop. It's also a song on Blue Oyster Cult's first album.

AA
Ah, missed the reference. I keep trying to get one grandkids interested in astrophysics or cosmology, so they can sneak me in to see the big scopes. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This is about a 2 alarm one. Flavors should be nice and blended tomorrow. I think a frito pie is in my future.

1572409654553.png

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is about a 2 alarm one. Flavors should be nice and blended tomorrow. I think a frito pie is in my future.

View attachment 1030531
Looking good. I wanted to make some on Sunday, but have 100 foot of fence to replace, so I spent my two days off replacing fence in a light drizzle, using an electric drill (outlet was GFCI and it never got wet enough to trip).

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Looks really good.

I'm making some empanadas for a work breakfast potluck tomorrow morning. Little smokies, eggs and queso fresco (or smoked gouda) and the pic of your chili sparked an idea.

Next time I make chili, I'm stuffing some empanadas with chili!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looks really good.

I'm making some empanadas for a work breakfast potluck tomorrow morning. Little smokies, eggs and queso fresco (or smoked gouda) and the pic of your chili sparked an idea.

Next time I make chili, I'm stuffing some empanadas with chili!

Oh that sounds good.

so I spent my two days off replacing fence in a light drizzle, using an electric drill (outlet was GFCI and it never got wet enough to trip).

Glad it went okay and the GFCI worked. That could have been a...shocking experience.

Ba Da Boom!

Top Bottom