What's new

Timeless Aluminum Razor Set

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Agreed. Much more efficient. I couldn't get a close shave with the MJ-90. Even with the A plate I found it quite lacking. The Timeless AL is quite nice. It's in the on-deck circle for my next shave.

And can anyone compare this Thimeles with RR MJ90a in terms of efficiency and aggressiveness?

I'm done. Bronze SB plate, Aluminum cap, Atlas handle, BIC blade is the combo I'm sticking with.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

How is the shave with this combination different from the all bronze head? Is there more to it than just lighter weight?

Weight and balance. For me the improvement in handling is significant.

Thanks. Is the feel of the shave any different? The reason I ask is because of comments I've seen about the bronze razor being harsh. I have the aluminum razor. It's an okay shaver, but I'm curious about trying a bronze or maybe titanium base plate to see if they'd make it more than okay. The aluminum head is already a little harsh for me, and I don't want to spend money on it to make it harsher.

Thanks. Is the feel of the shave any different? The reason I ask is because of comments I've seen about the bronze razor being harsh. I have the aluminum razor. It's an okay shaver, but I'm curious about trying a bronze or maybe titanium base plate to see if they'd make it more than okay. The aluminum head is already a little harsh for me, and I don't want to spend money on it to make it harsher.
It's all very subjective. I'm not even sure what harsh means. I don't find either the Bronze or Aluminum uncomfortable. They are both a) rigid and b) have positive exposure which makes both fairly unforgiving when misused. Weight tends to increase their aggressive posture.

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

I have a few Timeless, including the AL and the Bronze. I find the Bronze to be much smoother than the AL. I am not a huge fan of lightweight razors, but the Timeless AL is the best one I have tried. The Bronze is definately smoother, but the AL shaves a little closer. Both of them shave closer than the Stainless 68. The .95 Stainless shaves better than them all (at least the ones I have), and is quite smooth as well. If I had to keep just one timeless, it would be the SS 95. But fortunately I can just keep them all! :)

I bought the aluminium a couple of weeks ago. I used a couple of different blades and soaps. For myself it was a little to aggressive for my taste. It seemed to drag s bit to. Anyway it is a nicely finished piece. Well I sent it back to Timeless yesterday. Thanks for there generous return policy.

So I wanted to buy a timeless because of all the great reviews, but didn't want to spend a ton of money. For reference, I couldn't get an efficient two pass shave with the game changer .68, but could with the .84. However, I would start getting irritation with the .84 after about 4 shaves. I was thinking about a scratch and dent .68 timeless OC, but still couldn't justify spending $130 just for a cap and base. Then I've been eyeballing the timeless brass sb on scratch and dent but still didn't want to spend $100 for a razor. I kept reading here that the aluminum was somewhere between the .68 and .95 so started looking into it. For me, $75 still seems crazy to spend. Then I saw they sell the aluminum in it's own scratch and dent section for $55, and I bit.
I got it on Thursday and shaved with it yesterday and today and, as of now, has become my favorite razor. It is just as efficient (maybe more so) than the game changer .84 but I feel like it's a tad less aggressive. I'm going to shave with it every day for the next week straight to see if irritation starts but if it doesn't this will be my one razor.
I also love that the blade is perfectly aligned, the look, feel and fit are top notch. And the stand included is a great touch.
Here's hoping my search is over!

How scratch and dent was the scratch and dent? Interested to hear how the irritation quotient goes--that is a concern for me...interested in this and the Lupo….but get turned off by the Italian Barber Bravado.

How scratch and dent was the scratch and dent? Interested to hear how the irritation quotient goes--that is a concern for me...interested in this and the Lupo….but get turned off by the Italian Barber Bravado.
You had to really look to see any issues. There was a tiny bit of defect on one edge of the base plate edge, with a blade in you couldn't even tell.
It shaves really well. A little too well for me as a daily shaver. I started getting irritation about 5 days in, not quite as bad as my game changer .84 but still there. If I gave up shaving on the weekend I could get away with it being my only razor. Overall, definitely worth a try at that price.

Thanks, I sold off everything but a Gillette New LC. So, I am looking for a straight bar addition...been thinking about another vintage razor, but the timeless at this price looks great!

I was told by Timeless that many times the “Scratch and Dent” orders are filled with new stock. I purchased a Bronze .38 SB in “S&D” and could not find a flaw anywhere. When the Aluminum came out I purchased for full price. I have used it quite a lot and have had no problems with irritation. It is more aggressive than the SS or Ti in the .68 but falls between the .68 and .95. YMMV.

I was told by Timeless that many times the “Scratch and Dent” orders are filled with new stock. I purchased a Bronze .38 SB in “S&D” and could not find a flaw anywhere. When the Aluminum came out I purchased for full price. I have used it quite a lot and have had no problems with irritation. It is more aggressive than the SS or Ti in the .68 but falls between the .68 and .95. YMMV.
It also could be just a return by the customer who is not happy with it because it is too aggressive

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'm still really digging the AL. I have been using it as my travel razor. And I travel quite a lot. Nice shaver. Gives me the Timeless shave without bringing my others on the road. It will never replace the .95 scalloped. But I get great shaves from it. And I really dont like light razors. I've disliked all the other aluminum razors I've tried. But this one is great! I find it on par with the GC 84, except that I really like the weight of the GC much better. Makes a perfect travel razor for me.

I miss my Aluminum. It's on loan to a friend who also likes it and is waiting on his to arrive. Second fav razor next to the Timeless Titanium .95OC. Waiting on a Blackland Vector to arrive in the next 3 to 4 weeks. That will be a completely different critter to use my Feather Artist Club blades in. Trying to narrow the herd to 3 razors and the Feather DX Kamisori.

SOTD
Face

Timeless Aluminum
Voskhod blade x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Best
MdC Rose
Thayers Unscented WH

Quick BBS 3 pass. No issues​

SOTD
Face only

Timeless Aluminum
Astra SP x3
Thater Premium White Boar
A&E Warrior of Howling Fjord
AS same
Georgetown Pottery bowl
Great shave. Pushing the Astra in this razor. It prefers a Voskhod or even preferably a Feather. YMMV.

20191223_110347.jpg

Top Bottom