What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE razor

I've found the "email me when it is in stock" feature on their website to be useful. I'm not sure how that would work for something that everyone is waiting for, though . . .

It's completely useless!
I'm still waiting for the email to tell me the GC .68P with he barber pole is in stock which I ordered on 9/27. Best thing to do is to bookmark the item & check it multiple of times per day.

I bought a sloc from eBay last week. Bought it on a whim. Got it for 10 bucks. Very nice razor. But I can't tell much difference in the shave between it and the game changer which is obviously much higher quality. I'm not Sorry I bought it though. The razorock stainless bulldog handle that came with it is well worth the 10 bucks and I like it better than the super knurl handle that came on my game changer.

Don't get me wrong it's a nice razor. Especially for the price.

I just bought a new in the box SLOC on ebay a few minutes ago. After reading about the good reviews of it, I just had to try one.

I'm really looking forward to it. The only open comb razor I have right now is a Merkur 1904/1906 which works very well for me.

Seems a few days back Joe posted on twitter about the black SLOC previously shown. Someone asked if it would be all aluminum to which he replied 'Thinking aluminum with an SS handle.' So seems like it's still in the early stages if there's still 'thinking' involved but I guess we will continue to wait and see.

I love the SLOC as is. If they release a stainless version price like a GC I would probably buy one. But have no interest in an aluminum SLOC. I have the aluminum Lupo & it's just too light for my taste. But a brand new DE user coming from catridge razors might prefer the light weight of an aluminum razor better.

Just for variety’s sake, this is a great razor if you’re using it as a daily driver. For me, if I go 4-5 days without shaving (I have fairly fast growing whiskers) the SLOC is not so efficient. I’ve experimented with this now using Personna red, Gillette yellow, Personna blue, Nacet and I believe an Astra SP. Same outcome each time. (Keep in mind I’m a one pass shaver with touch ups) I could really feel the tugging on my whiskers. Still zero irritation I should add.

Again, this isn’t to say the razor is bad. It’s fantastic. But in my experience- you need to have a little less growth for the SLOC to really shine.

I've had my new SLOC a couple of weeks now and really like it. I shave every day so I can't comment on how it does on several days of beard growth. I think the double open comb really does give a slicker, smoother shave.

Top Bottom