What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XI

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I haven't had wagyu brisket yet but I remember reading some conversation on a forum about if it would be worth the extra cost vs prime if that's available for around $3/pound... if you end up getting one, I'd love to see how it comes out and what you think of it!
Well, i was surely tempted, but at a $100 bucks it made me think of other things i needed to pay for like my light bill.

My bride is determined to empty the freezer so I have been forced to cook up some loin ribs.. here we are a couple hours in.
20191009_142429.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Tonight...Tex kabobs.

T-Bone steak
Baby 'taters
Jalapeno

1571019765333.png

Served with buttered onion cooked in foil and bacon wrapped asparagus. Steak turned out a perfect medium doneness.

1571019872495.png

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Try-Tip taken to medium well. The way the boss likes it. Tender and juicy and goes great with a skillet full of Brussels, bacon, onion and garlic.

fullsizeoutput_461.jpeg
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’ve got both of my pits going and more meat waiting to go on!! The wife says we are cooking for the next week because we Are scheduled to work the next 8 days straight with a couple of double shifts thrown in for good measure.
2B01CB80-7BA8-4DE3-ADD9-23AA3B4F294B.jpeg

0EF2D1C1-F77A-4E85-8C84-7FF8A785E29B.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The smoked salmon was fantastic!! I like to leave it o for a while past done so that it develops a crust. Fantastic. It was like butter melting in my mouth.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Love the brussel sprout dish. I'll try that one soon.

Stovetop on med-high for a few minutes to get everything started off right. Pop in a 350° oven for a total of 30 mins. Take it out at 15 mins and shake everything back and forth a little to keep it from sticking and put it back in for another 15 mins. Proceed to hurt yo'self!

+1 on the brussels. I love the brussel + a couple slices of bacon and a bit of salt/pepper and let the magic happen in the oven. Recently I have finished the dish with a splash of balsamic vinegar or a vinaigrette.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
+1 on the brussels. I love the brussel + a couple slices of bacon and a bit of salt/pepper and let the magic happen in the oven. Recently I have finished the dish with a splash of balsamic vinegar or a vinaigrette.
I love the balsamic splash afterwards. The wife, not so much :(

Top Bottom