What's new

Successful shaving sabbatical!!

Hello gentleman,

It's been quite some time since my last post (5 months or so) but I am back!! A few months ago I decided to take a sabbatical from everything shaving related, including this form since you are all enablers in the best possible way ;). I also have had a ROUGH last couple of months in my personal life where some things just took some really bad turns... so I did not quite have the time to mess around with purchasing new gear/coming to this forum etc... But during that time I did not purchase a SINGLE shaving item with the exception of one aftershave since I ran out of the one I had. I sold off everything I did not use including razors, soaps, aftershaves brushes etc... It honestly felt really good haha. BUT what I believe really made it as easy as it was, is my CB Karve Razor. It was the last razor I purchased before my sabbatical and it has seriously ended my RAD. It is currently the only razor I own. I get really smooth, comfortable irritation free shaves every time with it using a B plate. I MIGHT try the C plate for those days when I have several days growth, but even for that the B plate has been just fine.

As for soaps, the only soap I used was some old cella I had laying around and some AE Spartacus shave soap (awesome awesome stuff).

For a brush, I simply used a yaqi synthetic tuxedo which got the job done.

I guess there is really no message here, just thought I'd share my experience and make a return to B&B which I have missed so dearly. Now do your jobs and recommend some soaps, razors etc...!!!

Best,
Mike

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you simplified your shaving routine and it worked for you. I’ve always ascribed to the mental benefits of purging “stuff” and have seen its benefits for many members of my family. There’s nothing wrong with variety but sometimes it’s best to step back and just get rid of the crap you’re not using and never will. Sounds like everything has started looking up for you so welcome back and congrats on thinning out your shave gear!

Welcome back Mike. Sometimes it’s good to take a step back and focus on what you have and not chase the next best thing.
I’m doing the 2019 Sabbatical on this site and am glad I did.

Welcome back.

I'm thinking of starting a purge, as well. I have way too many razors, some of which haven't gotten into the action in months or even years.

Thank you for returning. I congratulate you for going the minimalist route, glad you have excellent equipment & product! I hope the personal issues have been worked out & life is beginning to take good turns for you.

Welcome back to B&B ! Take your time and read through some great threads in each sub-forum, and you
will find an amazing amount of great advice and suggestions for new products to try. It's time to have fun again !

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
upload_2019-9-19_4-13-44.jpeg

M suggestions:
Razor: Merkur 1904 with a Weber Bulldog handle--has worked well for me for several years
Soap: Either Williams Mug Shaving soap or Van der Hagen--both give great lather for minimal cost.

Welcome back!! Congrats on the successful sabbatical! :a14::a14:

Hope that you can see the end of the difficult patch in your personal life!

Thank you for returning. I congratulate you for going the minimalist route, glad you have excellent equipment & product! I hope the personal issues have been worked out & life is beginning to take good turns for you.
Yes, selling everything has been quite the refresher! No fussing around with which razor, soap, brush combo to use [emoji12]. Being that I'm back though, I am definitely going to pickup a soap or two at Pasteur's for Fall/winter and MAYBE another razor for just a tad of variety.

Thanks for the good wishes, things have definitely been better!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome back!! Congrats on the successful sabbatical! :a14::a14:

Hope that you can see the end of the difficult patch in your personal life!
Thanks man! Appreciate your well wishes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom