What's new

Strange Ebay Situation

Well, what did you get, Rob?????

Yeah yeah yeah... what caused you to break the sabbatical?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry guys my bad for not mentioning what it was, it's been a busy week at my work. This one razor has eluded me for over 10 years for various reasons:
upload_2019-9-18_18-25-31.png

I don’t want to be the naysayer here, but just because someone tells you over the internet that they’re 80 years old and not tech savvy, doesn’t mean they are... but if you paid G&S you’ll have protection regardless, I’m glad you were able to pay him that way and definitely rooting for you to have a good transaction.

True. I did a search of where he is from and a man fitting his name & description with a photo as well came up as a manager for a seniors tenants complex. If he had refused to allow Paypal I would have asked to cancel the transaction.

For those who might not know from the photo although it looks like a First Gen Open Comb Aristocrat #15 it's acutally a fairly rare Gillette Popular razor in set #47 from 1939. Here's the same set from Mr Razors Site:
proxy.php

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I found mine a couple of years back and it is a wonderful shaver. I have always liked the way they looked and the first time I seen one I had to find One . I would really like to find the Popular with the Black handle too.
Have a great shave .

It 's a great razor. I recently received it as a gift from a very good and generous person. I was surprised this razor shaved better than a lot of modern shavers.
Payment without using paypal is common in Europe. It 's not scary.

Final update: razor arrived today. Handle in a bit worse shape plating wise than the picture showed but doesn't matter as it was intended to be a user. The twist to open is a poor design in my opinion as the doors flop around all over the place and you have to manually open them or flip it upside down. Cleaned, polished and sanitized I took it out for her maiden run and wasn't disappointed, I like the weight balance way better than the open comb first gen
Aristocrat.

IMG_1919.JPG

Top Bottom