What's new

For Love of Aqua Velva.

the dispensers were much better in the glass bottles. I picked up the large size AV Ice Blue in glass right at the end of the run at Target. I still have about half the bottle left! I recently picked up the Musk in plastic and I agree, the stopper sucks. I would transfer it into the original glass Musk bottle but it now contains Wild Country.. As soon as I have another glass bottle for it I will transfer for sure.

Thought I would bring this thread back to the front, as I absolutely love my Aqua Velva collection! Used it this past shave, and my next I'm considering using one of my bottles of Aqua Velva Sport. I've even taken to collecting the old Aqua Velva ads on my Pinterest account. :001_smile

I too love my Aqua Velva :)
But here in Sweden it can be hard to come by.
This is the Aqua Velva available in Sweden:
IMG_20190918_105628.jpg IMG_20190918_105641.jpg

That is wonderful, seeing it from another country! If I might ask, is it a glass or plastic bottle?

Long live Aqua Velva!

It's a glass bottle.
Aqua Velva is not available everywhere in Sweden, not like in USA where you can buy it in your local supermarket.
No sir, over here we have an obscure little chain of stores called "Normal" selling lots of odd things and there you can find Aqua Velva.
These stores are also the cheapest in Sweden if you want to buy Tabac and Old Spice.
This Aqua Velva cost me just 5 Euros and I just love it

It's a glass bottle.
Aqua Velva is not available everywhere in Sweden, not like in USA where you can buy it in your local supermarket.
No sir, over here we have an obscure little chain of stores called "Normal" selling lots of odd things and there you can find Aqua Velva.
These stores are also the cheapest in Sweden if you want to buy Tabac and Old Spice.
This Aqua Velva cost me just 5 Euros and I just love it
That's incredible. Enjoy, and be sure to keep an empty bottle or two around in case they switch you to plastic like we have! I'd love to get my hands on a glass bottle of Aqua Velva, and I hope to one of these days!

Does anyone sell Aqua Velva in glass that can be purchased in the states?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Aqua Velva has its roots in the origin of traditional wet shaving. Everything about it is great: history, scent, feel, availability, price point.

I love ALL blue Aqua Velva versions. Recently, I got the Williams 200ml glass bottle from Spain. This flask bottle is a very close rendition of the vintage flasks from the 1950's. Terrific.

AV is good stuff, especially after it has been decanted to a glass bottle. Also picked up the gift set a few years ago with the Green Aqua Velva Sport which smells like laundry sheets and not as impressed with the Green as the Blue. Excellent value and widely available plus the fact it has been a staple of many men's dens for generations make AV a must try IMO. Right up there with Clubman, Brut, EL, etc.

The glycerin in Aqua Velva was always pleasant for skin conditioning. Why more splashes don't have glycerin or some other emollient baffles me.

Does anyone sell Aqua Velva in glass that can be purchased in the states?

I picked up some Williams AV in Spain last month in glass bottle. I see Smallflower.com sells the same thing (imported from Spain). You will be paying almost triple the Spanish price but thats how it is im afraid.

Note its not the ICE Blue. Its just AV but i like the smell better.

I picked up some Williams AV in Spain last month in glass bottle. I see Smallflower.com sells the same thing (imported from Spain). You will be paying almost triple the Spanish price but thats how it is im afraid.

Note its not the ICE Blue. Its just AV but i like the smell better.
Thank you for letting me know. I'll check it out and see about it!

After washing my face today, I had to splash on some Aqua Velva Ice Blue! Wondrous performance, and feels wonderful on the skin!

Just discovered Aqua Velva and AV Musk and they quickly became my favorites. Classic unobtrusive scents, no sticky feeling after using them, zero irritation.

Here’s my Aqua Velva collection. Only missing the williams version i think.

You can tell which one i like most[emoji3]

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s my Aqua Velva collection. Only missing the williams version i think.

You can tell which one i like most[emoji3]

proxy.php

Very nice! Love seeing the Aqua Velva Musk in the large bottle! All I can find around me are the small bottles.

Very nice! Love seeing the Aqua Velva Musk in the large bottle! All I can find around me are the small bottles.

I didn’t know they had small bottles. Just looked up online and came across the 118ml one. Is that the one in your area?

I've used AV 'Ice Blue' almost exclusively for the last several years. I dd like the Kroger knock off 'Arctic Blue' better though, until it was discontinued. Adding AV club to my signature.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Three vintage bottles from the flea market last weekend. Love the old glass bottles for decanting new juice. YEAH BABY!!!

E5A96B25-9353-4706-822C-48C0CCCED6D9.jpeg

Just bought a new 7 ounce bottle at Walmart recently. Have used it three times. Hate to break it to ya, but this new bottle smells different than my last bottle, which was bought late 2017. Cools the same, upon applying the scent is similar to the last bottle, but after half hour or so, it has a pungent, almost bitter aroma. So I went to another Walmart, opened four bottles, fingertipped a touch of lotion from each bottle to two different spots on the back of both hands, and after awhile, each spot had the stinky bitter smell of the bottle I just bought. Can't leave anything alone, can they.

Top Bottom