What's new

My fickle tastes

I find this wet/traditional/DE/etc labeling pointless. Pogonotomy is about all forms of shaving, future, past and present.
Had to open the the dictionary again. Well , your right . This forum is not limited to one form of shaving. Would be boring if it was , my opinion only of course. Many interesting topics to be found on this site . Thanks to B&B , gives me something to wet my interests, and some of the debates, are better than always agreeing , which would be , just a bore.

Since about 99 percent of aftermarket handles are for Gillete, I'd go with a handle for Mach3 or Skin Guard which is the same as a Fusion handle.

The Parker is bigger than what I'd want. If only someone would make something in steel or Ti that was no larger than the Mach 3 handle with the black ribbing, in diameter and length. They all seem to love to make a bulbous fat middle or end for some reason.
Eh, it’s about 4 inches. I bet once you try it in your hand, you’d see it’s actually a good handle with heft to it.

Unfortunately, we can’t always find exactly what we want. Manufacturers do market research to determine what to produce and we have to choose from the various options that they offer. There’s the balance between cheap but light and sturdy but heavy. Weren’t cartridge razors designed to be semi disposable?
There are many artisans on Etsy producing aftermarket handles.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
There are many artisans on Etsy producing aftermarket handles.

I looked before my previous reply on Etsy, after about 10 pages of them i concluded the creators all went to one of three design schools. They are all so similar. The one I linked to is not even made anymore. I have a feeling there is a lot of ordering from Ali Express or similar and then doing a little polishing, adjusting the price upward and listing.

As to my needs, the market has spoken and I'm SOL. Oh well, the standard Mach 3 handle is actually nice and Gillette sized and weighted it correctly to boot.

Last edited:
Some days mindless cart shaving, some days mindful DE shaving, most days TOBS and brush, occasionally Trader Joes applied by hand or Gel from a can. Gotten to the point that I go with whatever I feel like for that day and enjoying the variety a lot.

Once you learn how to lather properly and map your beard growth, it doesn't matter what type of razor you're using. I don't feel like I'm doing anything different when I use a plastic disposable or a brass DE. The protocol is identical.

Well I stand corrected. I didn't think you could use an electric wet. But that would make sense.
Although I haven’t used mine wet, almost all battery powered electric shavers can be used wet with shaving cream and, or in the shower. Frankly, if I was going to shave wet it kinda defeats the original purpose of electric shavers which were designed to shave dry and save time. Unfortunately, the basic cutting function of electric shavers hasn’t changed much from either the rotary blade type or the reciprocating blades under a thin foil. Making them waterproof and cordless has opened up another avenue of fun for electric shaving. Too each their own pleasure and enjoyment in life. :)

The majority of men in the world who use a DE probably shave with a DE that is at least partly made of plastic. There are millions that do so in India alone.

I guess I'm indifferent to whether the razor is plastic or not. Some plastics now days are better than metals like brass in terms of performance.

Top Bottom