What's new

Chasing the Blackline

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So I really like the Blackline that is in some of this Maple. Here it is again. This one is going to be in the Sue Charity Auction.
What kinda knot do you guys want ?
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190915150219293_COVER.jpg

It is a fungus that causes the spalting but don't know how to intentionally induce it.
I had a slab in the garden that became a knife throwing block for a while till it split and I seen it had spalted. I started to turn a bowl from it. Its still on the lathe

Yet another beauty from the glorious backyard maple.

It is a fungus that causes the spalting but don't know how to intentionally induce it.
I had a slab in the garden that became a knife throwing block for a while till it split and I seen it had spalted. I started to turn a bowl from it. Its still on the lathe

You can buy the fungus but if you already have a piece just throw other wood in with it, cover, and leave it be for a year or two. The fungus will travel and spalt the rest of the wood. It’s a bit of a slow process but worth the wait.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Yet another beauty from the glorious backyard maple.

You can buy the fungus but if you already have a piece just throw other wood in with it, cover, and leave it be for a year or two. The fungus will travel and spalt the rest of the wood. It’s a bit of a slow process but worth the wait.
IMG_20190911_164916.jpg

There are some methods on line, although I haven't tried them. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have a pile of big branches that are laying directly on dirt that have been there for over a year , exposed to all the weather. I will probably move them under cover in the spring.
I also have a pile of stuff inside the shop
that has been air drying for sometime now .

That's beautiful, it has so much of the black line in it! Has any of it been punky, or is it all still pretty solid?

Again, a gorgeous brush. It would work great with a 2-band or even that horse knot you put in the brush you sent me.

Top Bottom