What's new

First shave with ball end tech.

I had my first shave with my new 1952 vintage gold slim handle ball end Tech. Used a Gillette SB blade and, of course, ARKO. It was really a smooth close shave. No irritation, nicks or razor burn. This razor-blade combination is going to be a keeper and a regular. The razor looked brand new when I got it from Ebay, and cost a whopping $8.50. Whoever owned it previously, must have treated it very gently, or hardly used it. My first time with a Gillette SB blade, I think I like it. :a14:

I've been using a ball-end Tech and a GSB the last few days (Cade instead of Arko, though) and I agree, it's an amazing combination. I wish I'd tried the GSBs years ago.

I’m going to try the GSB with my Gillette ball-end nickel Tech, because, I didn’t enjoy using a Feather blade and the KAI SS blade is far better.

I’m going to try the GSB with my Gillette ball-end nickel Tech, because, I didn’t enjoy using a Feather blade and the KAI SS blade is far better.
I was finding Feathers rough on my face where I'd never had a problem with them before, and that's exactly the switch I made, although I've never used KAIs. I'm very glad I did. It's not too much of a stretch to say that the GSB/Tech combo convinced me to fully return to DE shaving.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was finding Feathers rough on my face where I'd never had a problem with them before, and that's exactly the switch I made, although I've never used KAIs. I'm very glad I did. It's not too much of a stretch to say that the GSB/Tech combo convinced me to fully return to DE shaving.
That combo is so forgiving.

I had my first shave with an English made ball end tech today. First ever shave with a tech. Nice and comfortable yet efficient I felt. I used a personna platinum chrome blade. I need to get some other blades to try with it but this worked well. Very comfortable. I have been gravitating towards more maneuverable razors and this one is really nice in that respect. No problem navigating around my face.

I have two other techs that I haven’t tried yet a pre war American fat handle and a more recently made ball end USA made one. I want to pick up a couple of gold ones as well and maybe a Canadian tech. I really love these little razors. And they are easy to collect because they are so cheap.

I have prewar NDC one made in USA and other in UK and they shave the same as 1932 Canadian. I'm not a collector so will keep Canadian only

I have only a month of experience DE shaving...all other shaves were done with electric.

Gillette Tech provided a very good shave not even a weeper.

....I tried the 1954 SuperSpeed and it was aggressive in comparison....:blink:

I have an old Gillette Ball End Tech. It's made in England and have an aluminum handle but I have no idea how old it is.
But I do know it is a wonderful shaver.
It's milder than my Rocket HD and my Lady Gillette.
I have tried a variety of blades in my Tech and so far Nacet, Voskhod, Wilkis and Lord Platinum works very well with my Tech.

Top Bottom