What's new

Straight razor stands

Hello gents, my straight razor collection is growing and most of them are bigger customs that take up more space. I'm looking for stands for them and wondering what you guys use. I don't have a drawer I can use. Just medicine cabinet, counter, and what little room is left on the shelf for soaps and splashes. Any ideas?

I've seen toothbrush holders and modified test tube racks used. What is the largest razor you have?
I keep my users in a straight razor roll.

I've seen toothbrush holders and modified test tube racks used. What is the largest razor you have?
I keep my users in a straight razor roll.
9/8 is the biggest, was looking for like a makeup brush holder but the ones I've seen won't work

You could probably make something like this pretty easily... think I paid somewhere around 20 bucks on Amazon.
2019_Sep_12_8493_LR.jpg

I actually thought about something like this for mine! Amazon 10 bucks
81+zZPM+vfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also thought about one of these because I like looking at the razors I have.
71SMhSy6ISL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I've considered pen holders if you want to see them, and artist's pencil cabinets (2, 3 and even 4 drawer) if you want them tucked away. Both can be relatively cheap on eBay and Etsy.

I'm currently using a 7 slot, wooden razor stand that is just big enough for my weekly rotation with the rest in a drawer in the bedside stand. Unfortunately there's no manufacturer info on the rack or I'd buy another.

I've considered pen holders if you want to see them, and artist's pencil cabinets (2, 3 and even 4 drawer) if you want them tucked away. Both can be relatively cheap on eBay and Etsy.

I'm currently using a 7 slot, wooden razor stand that is just big enough for my weekly rotation with the rest in a drawer in the bedside stand. Unfortunately there's no manufacturer info on the rack or I'd buy another.
One of those with slots narrow enough to lay the razors spine up would be perfect for larger collections.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like mine enclosed in ways which prevent rust.

SR.Case.640.Christmas.Open.jpeg

That's open.

This is closed (rolled up).

SR.Case.Closed.Christmas.640JPG.JPG

I also use the small sleeves (for one razor) Superior Shave sells and like them as well for rust prevention but not for looks or travel or protection from being banged about.

For display and for taking photos I like these (off eBay).

H.Diamond.9-13-19.Kit.JPG

Hope that helps.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I wouldn't store them in the bath room, it's way too humid, but in as display cabinet in a room with stable temperature and low humidity.

I'm using cigar box. Put felt from nobby store inside. Going to glue in some thin wood strips as dividers. Those will have felt on them as well.

I keep all my safety razors in my top drawer in a 24* test tube rack that I bought from a science display shop. Most of my cut throats I keep in rolls that I bought from The Superior Shave.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Ive seen those.. you think they're worth it? I would be worried about the blade touching the top of the stand, or can you balance them off the back of the heel?

There's a tiny learning curve, but yes they're worth it (to me) because they increase my options in taking half decent photos. I only use them for photography - which takes a minute or less - so I don't know how they'd work for actual display.

I had the same concern but it's turned out to be a nothing-burger. I am careful with the edge (but it's easy to get the hang of using these things).

It's easy enough to see from looking at these things (even in photos of 'em) how a guy could make something much like these out of wood, cork, metal, or whatever might be available, and perhaps make stands much like these but better. However, these are nice looking and readily available. It they had a cork tip to their top they'd be a lot better, but I can see how that would add a lot to their price. Ideally that's what I'd prefer I think especially for long term display purposes.

Yeah, I like them well enough.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I like mine enclosed in ways which prevent rust.

View attachment 1016596

That's open.

This is closed (rolled up).

View attachment 1016598

I also use the small sleeves (for one razor) Superior Shave sells and like them as well for rust prevention but not for looks or travel or protection from being banged about.

For display and for taking photos I like these (off eBay).

View attachment 1016599

Hope that helps.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Jim do you know which model sack-up roll that is? I use sack-ups with some of my more precious woodworking tools, but I’ve only ever seen rolls sized for case pocket knives!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Jim do you know which model sack-up roll that is? I use sack-ups with some of my more precious woodworking tools, but I’ve only ever seen rolls sized for case pocket knives!

I have no idea. Jarrod at Superior Shave would certainly know as he sells them.

At one time I looked for another vendor (because I wanted to see if I could find them in different colors) but couldn't find them anywhere. One other vendor who used to have them is now out of business. At that time I did not know who made them, but Jarrod has published that information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom