What's new

New Strop made big difference!

My Tony Miller plain vanilla strop arrived yesterday, and I had my first shave with it this morning... Wow what a difference, I’ve never had a good cloth component to my strop before; it seemed to mellow out the edge much more then on my previous shaves. The leather draw was just perfect!
Overall just a really well made functional pice of equipment for a really great price! I am so happy with it! I feel like this is a turning point and I could actually continue shaving exclusively with my straight.

Nice! My one and only strop is a Tony Miller. I'm not sure which model it is because I bought it on the BST. Thankfully I didn't damage it too much during my first few months of learning - just a couple scuffs!

I love my steerdovan strip I won from @Tony Miller I use that strop most of the time. Really between that and the kanayama. I hardly even touch my other strops. Once I get working I will definitely be buying more. I really want to try all of his leather types.

Tony Notovan strop is a real pleasure to use, and so is dealing with Mr Miller

I’m still trying to get used to the slick horsehide, as I tend to prefer some draw in a strop. Construction wise it’s built like a tank, though

Top Bottom