What's new

Your Most Efficient Razor?

DE:
1. Fendrihan all-stainless Mk. I with Derby Premium
3. Muhle R41, Fendrihan all-stainless Mk. II, Maggard V3A (virtual tie)

SE - Gem Damaskeene with Personna PTFE blade

The OG, Fatip Piccolo mk1.

proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
What razor, DE or SE (but not straight) is your most efficient? And by efficient I simply mean what razor gives you the closest shave with your normal (1, 2, 3 or 4 pass shave)?

Single ATG buffing pass.

DE: Fatip OC/Polsilver. 12 hour BBS.
SE: GEM MMOC/PTFE. >14hour BBS.

1. Fatip OC (newer version), but I could never use that razor without having it irritate my neck. That said, it is the most efficient and a great choice if it works for you.
  2. Muhle Rocca - you definitely know you're shaving with a blade, but it never cuts, nicks or causes me irritation, and it is just ever so slightly behind the Fatip in efficiency.
  3. Gem MMOC - doesn't require as much attention to detail as the Rocca, but isn't quite as efficient.
  4. Game Changer OC - you don't give up that much efficiency, and in return you can shave while carrying on a conversation with your wife.

Colonial General SE razor is second to my Feather SS folding shavette. I think the latter might break the rule of "no straights," since technically it is a replaceable blade straight razor.

Futur wide open, CG LVL 3, Muhle R41 ( 2014) - but all require more attention during a shave to avoid blood than I can bring to the task every morning.
Most efficient daily shaver - the Timeless Ti or SS .95 SB.

The gibbs 17 razor was able to surprise me. Now it 's a favorite razor. I ordered a longer pen, that would make my razor perfect.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Titanium Timeless scalloped .95 or Timeless Stainless steel .95 OC.
Closest and most comfortable shaves for my Face. BBS after two but I do 3 because I can :)

Top Bottom